41 chevy 1.5 ton, second build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks

did some thrashing the last couple of days. had some friends help push it out for these pics

P8030001.jpg

P8030004.jpg

thank you don,

this project has been on hold since the accident with my wife. maybe next spring i will be able to get back to working on it.

did you get anything yet don?

well i been getting a little done with the truck. i had it towed to my buddys house so i can fiddle with it on the weekends for a couple of hours. i dont have any pictures to post but i will in a couple of weeks or so.

i have mounted the clearance lights on the cab.
installed the radiator,
painted and installed the dash plus all the switches and gauges
fixed the windshield crank out system
installed the fan for the radiator
my buddy made the grill shell support rods and installed them
i wired the motor and tail lights.
i started on the front wiring harness this morning. tomorrow i feel i will have that done and might be able to see if that key on the dash works.

you ever have one of them days where every thing you do or touch goes to ****, well that was my day. just couldnt get the cob webs cleared from the brain to get anything done right.

i did manage to not fubble up to bad with runing the battery cables and getting them hooked up.
i was able to crank the motor over.
started to thread the front wiring harness in
and i got the cig lighter installed, i quit smoking a year ago but have to have on in there. i feel the older cars/trucks that had them back then is just a part of the car/truck

you ever have one of them days where every thing you do or touch goes to ****, well that was my day. just couldnt get the cob webs cleared from the brain to get anything done right.

i did manage to not fubble up to bad with runing the battery cables and getting them hooked up.
i was able to crank the motor over.
started to thread the front wiring harness in
and i got the cell phone charger plug in spot installed, i quit smoking a year ago but have to have on in there. i feel the older cars/trucks that had them back then is just a part of the car/truck

I fixed it for you....:D

well ive been bustin ass every weekend for the short time i get to work on it. about 4hrs per day.

its wired and everything works, but the heater and wiper isnt installed yet. the wood floor for the bed is almost done, have to leave one loose so i can do the finial gas tank filler placement yet.

welded up the drive shaft today and painted it, going to install it tomorrow. fill the tranny up and crank it over to do a garage shake down. if everything goes good ill pull it out for the first time into the drive way.

my buddy said, hey it would be cool if you could run solid pipe for the heater lines. well i managed to get the stuff during the week and laid that out as well and got it installed. the motor is almost solid mounted and i used aluminum 5/8" fuel line so any flex should be fine.

if i remember the batterys for the camera ill take some pics.

i drove it out of my buddies garage today. had to do the iv bottle but it went well.

you can see some of the floor in the truck, aluminum (5/8"fuel line) heater core lines that goes into the cab. running lights are turned on in one pic.

IMG_0004_zpsa9a3f070.jpg

IMG_0032_zpsb5b9c412.jpg

IMG_0034_zpsd1aa5e84.jpg

IMG_0037_zpse59e8ef1.jpg

Truck looks awesome. Love the colors.

But....my opinion.... I don;t like the running lights on the roof.

Lungs

thank you rl

when i first got it, it had them on there and i liked the look. there different then what was on there when i got it, but its using the same holes.

dare to be different. in person it has the sinster look to it with them on there. it went from a 1.5 ton truck to a 2 person hauler. lol

Latest posts

Back