47 Chevy Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solid looking truck. I really like your choice of rims!

Thanks but the rims are just there during the build. I bought some rims for this truck but they didn't fit so I put my 78 TA on blocks and used the wheels on this truck as a temporary problem solver. I can't stand the thought of the TA not having the stock wheels.

Looking pretty good so far.:cool:

I've found another forum just by goooogling that seems to have alot of forum members doing this swap....And they have quite in-depth build threads, too:

www.67-72chevytrucks.com

Dunno why they're building A.D.'s over there, guess maybe they have different era forums?:confused:[S Anyway, LOTS of detailed photos and descriptions of the work necessary to do this. There's even a fellow who has posted patterns of his cab mounts with the exact measurements....:cool:

This is really making me want to part out the truck in my avitar pic, go out and find a decent A.D. cab and start building....HMMM....;)

Keep us posted on your progress.[;)[P

Regards,
Shea:)

Looking pretty good so far.:cool:

I've found another forum just by goooogling that seems to have alot of forum members doing this swap....And they have quite in-depth build threads, too:

www.67-72chevytrucks.com

Dunno why they're building A.D.'s over there, guess maybe they have different era forums?:confused:[S Anyway, LOTS of detailed photos and descriptions of the work necessary to do this. There's even a fellow who has posted patterns of his cab mounts with the exact measurements....:cool:

This is really making me want to part out the truck in my avitar pic, go out and find a decent A.D. cab and start building....HMMM....;)

Keep us posted on your progress.[;)[P

Regards,
Shea:)

Thanks for the tip. I'll check out the site any help is always good!

Neighbor

Noah, If I throw a rock from my front porch it would land in Anderson county! lol Mine is the last house in Knox county on my road.
Give me a yell when you come visit your Dad and I'd be more than happy to sit around kick lies and tell tires with ya.

Hey man....we're neighbors.....close! I live in the Halls community. I drive my 56 around every day. Flag me down if you see me. Do you go to the cruise-in at the Kmart on Clinton Highway on Saturday nites? Been here all my life (so far) so I know lotsa truck guys. May be able to help with parts and stuff. PM me if I can help ya. Got a buddy with a yard full of wheels and tires....mostly FREE!

Lynn

Hey man....we're neighbors.....close! I live in the Halls community. I drive my 56 around every day. Flag me down if you see me. Do you go to the cruise-in at the Kmart on Clinton Highway on Saturday nites? Been here all my life (so far) so I know lotsa truck guys. May be able to help with parts and stuff. PM me if I can help ya. Got a buddy with a yard full of wheels and tires....mostly FREE!

Lynn

Wow thanks for the offer of help! I live off of raccoon valley rd so I'm in Halls all the time. I don't get to go to the Clinton Hwy show as often as I want to but I did make this past weekend. I'm pretty easy to spot, I'm a bald guy that usually has a few blond little girls with me at the car show, stop me and say "hi" if ya see me. You can never have too many friends. Especially friends that are into old rods!

Well progress has certainly been slow. I didn't expect my travel schedule at work to pick up as much as it has. I got the inside of the truck cleaned out and looked at the floor. It was about as bad as you might expect. Total Swiss cheese! That made my decision of whether to rebuild and use the original seat or go with a newer seat easier! I cut the floor out of a 91 Chevy and I'll put it into the 47. Hopefully I'll be able to just bolt the 91 seat right back in. The following pics are of the floor surgery and the 47 chassis. Do you think anyone would want to buy the 47 chassis and drive line?

Attachments

• New Image5.jpg
    New Image5.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 24
  • New Image4.jpg
    New Image4.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 23
  • New Image2.jpg
    New Image2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 25
  • New Image3.jpg
    New Image3.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 24
  • New Image1.jpg
    New Image1.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 28
Someone would buy it. Just don't expect to get rich off it, $100 to $150, or you'll have it for awhile.

Someone would buy it. Just don't expect to get rich off it, $100 to $150, or you'll have it for awhile.

I am thinking more along the lines of getting it to somebody that wants it instead of scrapping it. I'm not looking to get rich. I'm going to keep it until I get the truck plated just incase they try to act stupid at the dmv, but after that I'll get rid of it.

Well it seems like the worlds most original build is turning into the world longest build.:mad: Work, wife and kids are executing a conspiracy to to keep this truck forever in the "project" status! They can't keep a good truck down! I've got a little more work done to it since my last post, I've got the floor in but not finished. I've had to rebuild the support structure in the passenger side of the cab. I was going to fix some rust issues on the cab only to realize when I cut the rust out that there wasn't anything to weld the repair pieces too! I tried to post pics of the progress but I am now using an IPad and couldn't figure out how to post the pics with this. Does anyone know how to post pics from an Ipad2?

Latest posts

Back