'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How exciting....

Got the a-pillars covered and made some visors.
:eek:All this little stuff seams to be endless. :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_4745 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_4745 - Copy.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4750 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_4750 - Copy.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4747 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_4747 - Copy.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 43
Fed Ex just brought me another heater to replace the one damaged in shipment. so we should be nice and cozy by this time tomorrow. Just got to get off my dead and dying a$$ and go install it.

The heat is on.....

I got the heater installed this afternoon. That little puppy will be more than enough for the small cab of this Dodge.

I was going to go with a combo a/c-heater but I didn't have room under the dash after setting the engine back 4''. So plan ''B'' is this small heater then one of vintage airs new under dash a/c units between the seats. There's is no rule that says a/c has to be in front of you is there? That's the plan for this summer.

My bride and I went to dinner tonite in it and it passed her cold bones inspection. Mamma's happy so all is good. She actually likes riding in this thing.

Attachments

• IMG_4769.jpg
    IMG_4769.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4771.jpg
    IMG_4771.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4773.jpg
    IMG_4773.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4774 (2).jpg
    IMG_4774 (2).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 37
Nice installation on the heater and carpet.

Around here we never cool anything, the ac only gives a cool illusion by shooting some cooler than body temperature air at you. I think the between the seats ac will work for you as long as the cold air hits you somewhere.

"My bride and I went to dinner tonite in it and it passed her cold bones inspection. Mamma's happy so all is good. She actually likes riding in this thing."

[cl Mission accomplished [cl
:cool:

Nice job POPs. I may have to think about using one like that for the sprint if i decide it's to cold.[S
Your a lucky man, "happy wife - happy life", mine won't ever lean on the sprint much less ride in it, oh well :rolleyes:

Thanks guys.

Nice job POPs. I may have to think about using one like that for the sprint if i decide it's to cold.[S
Your a lucky man, "happy wife - happy life", mine won't ever lean on the sprint much less ride in it, oh well :rolleyes:

That's the reaction I got when I built the '48 dually. They just don't get it I guess.

Looking really good Pops, I may have to look at something like that heater for the Essex down the road.

I got it from Jegs but Speedway has the same heater a few bucks more.
I use Jegs when I can cause I get what ever I order in 2 days consistantly.

I needed an overflow/ recirculation tank and only had room for a small vertical one. Things are getting tight under the hood of my jalopy and I still need to get a put a fan shroud on and I have the a/c to address later this year before summer gets here.

After looking at these two pics that plastic master cylinder reservoir just really started bothering me. Any one know of one that's not plastic that will fit a '99 Dodge pickup?

Attachments

• IMG_4775.jpg
    IMG_4775.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4776.jpg
    IMG_4776.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 44
Paint normally to leaves home when the brake fluid shows up. But the truck bed liner I used (Duplicolor) is unaffected by brake fluid. Don't know if it sticks to plastic, but it did stick to everything else. I bet with some research, experimentation and a real good cleaning, paint would be a solution.

You can get black Flexi-Seal at Dollar General for $5 a spray can....Gives the textured look and sticks to anything...I used it for under coating.

Mid to late 80's Dodge pickups used a small black reservoir. Willwood sells it as a performance master for $125 but, you can buy it at the local parts store for around $27. I think you can buy just the reservoir and most likely will fit your master.

Here's the link to Rock Auto
This is the master I'm talking about
RAYBESTOS MC39178

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?catalog=42&partnum=M39712&a=www.google.com%2BSearch%2Bfor%2BDORMAN%2BM39712&blanktemplate=true

MC39178-7__ra_p.jpg

Here's a cast one for a D350 it's probably the same as all of them.
A1 Cardone Brake Master Cylinder

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts...8Qbp1aYrkLitNURpEtV8RFRDiF-hco2V8_BoCQTvw_wcB

1808-07000078-1000143.jpg

Sale Price: $28.01

Quantity:In Stock

Part Number: 1808-07000078
Features:
  • Designed to render exceptional performance
  • Converts physical pressure into hydraulic pressure to operate other devices in the system
  • Functions when the brake pedal is depressed
  • Facilitates easy installation
  • Backed by a limited lifetime warranty

Condition: Refurbished

Problem solved.....

I put a hat on it. No more white plastic shining

Attachments

• IMG_4776.jpg
    IMG_4776.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4779 (2).jpg
    IMG_4779 (2).jpg