47 ford master cylinder question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willz2155

when i picked up my truck from the guy i bought it from he gave me a few parts to go with it, this master cylinder being one of them. i have a question regarding the master cylinder, because what he told me and what im seeing arent really meshing. he said all the parts that i needed to hook it up where there (the first picture is all the parts for the master cylinder), but i really think there is a part that goes from point a to point b in the second picture. so if there is a missing part basically what is it and where can i get it, or how can i build a part to make it work? thanks.

DSC00573.jpg

DSC005751.jpg

master cyl rod with end

here is a pic of a couple different lenth rods these are avail. everywhere speedway, summit jegs some are listed as streetrod parts some under circle track parts. they come in several lenths so you will most likely have to assemble yours and measure from inside master to center of pivot pin. the new ones do have some adjustment to them, but keep in mind to short=low pedal. too long and your brakes will be applied without your foot touching the pedal causing drag.

Attachments

• rod end.jpg
    rod end.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 11
Other parts you may need

I'm not sure if you have the other parts needed and please excuse me for butting in but I too have gone through the same set up on my 39 Ford. You will also need the valve that goes on the opposite end that the front and rear brake lines attach to along with the brake light switch. Hope this helps. I sure could have used the help when I was going through this same setup. DMC1:cool:

Latest posts

Back