47 ford pickup build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willz2155

well after a lot of searching i found what i was looking for, and i brought it home this weekend. it is a 47 ford cab, with a 36 or so ford grill out front, and its all sitting on a 90 nissan 2wd pickup frame. the 250 is a pretty strong runner and is hooked up to a chevy 3 speed, and the clutch is still in good shape. most of the major stuff has already been roughed in, but it still needs a lot of work done to it. i figured if i could find a truck that was pretty much running, but still needed a lot of work done would be a good way to learn. this is my first build so its probably going to go pretty slowly and i know im going to be asking a ton of question, but i will try to keep this updated the best i can as i make some progress.

and here is the ride...
DSC00563.jpg

DSC00568.jpg

DSC00564.jpg

DSC00569.jpg

thanks. the guy i got the truck from told me the history of the truck, and once i heard that i kinda felt like it was meant to be. the truck use to be the shop truck for a car dealership in the bronx, and he said he looked the place up on line and its still in business today. being from manhattan i felt like the truck found me down here in nc, so i plunked down the dough.

its awesome to have alittle in common with your ride right from the start i would for sure leave the lettering on the doors and cab! that alone will be a great conversation starter for you when you hit the cruises and shows with it! goodluck and congrats on the find.dp1

Really nice start. I will be watching, as I have a '47 sitting now on an s-10 frame with a 350 SBC from a '90 Chevy truck. Still pondering what to do, rat or pickup! I need ideas. Perley

im going to do what i can to save the lettering on the top of the cab, but im thinking that the doors are just too rusty to save the lettering on them. im thinking about calling the dealership to ask if they have any old pictures of the truck, if they do maybe i can duplicate it.

Nice find, willz. What was the name of the dealership ??? Who knows, might recognize it. Grew up out in Nassau.

Latest posts

Back