48 aerosedan, finaly in motion!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluchvyguy

west mo. in a tiny town of 164 but close enough to
Here it is I just got to a point I can get something done on it, Planing on bagging it and I'm useing the body off my 47, I could use a lot of advise, I have tri. 4link on the way and need tof figure out if crossmember is correct and get it welded,:D 2012-03-04 21.17.05.jpg

2012-03-02 14.41.16.jpg

Typo in title 48, aerosedan. 2012-02-25 21.13.31.jpg

Last edited:
I love those! Maybe because I have a '42 Aerosedan. I fit an Olds 455 in mine, what is going in yours? I used a '74 Nova 8.5 10 bolt rear and it fit perfectly. Also the car hooks up great even with all the torque.

This one was removed before I got it Im in the process of tring to determine if frame is good and square, I have seen alot of people eliminate the x but only after new trans, crossmember and front welded solid, they also cut off the front cross member witch I havnt seen anyone else do, but if it turns out I bad I have a spare! good titles to both...It will just turn into a 47 aero build

Just my .02$ You should box that frame unless you plan to put an X back in. Cutting out that X removed a lot of front to rear strength.

I am adding a bridge over the diff. for bags ands a solid crossmember at trans and plan to put something back in the front, I must not know what how to box a frame I must have the wrong the meaning in mind, I thought boxing, was for older frames made from c channel and you filled the open side, so if something i need to do tell me how...

My mistake. I had to go back a look at the pics - the way the light hits it I thought it was C channel like my Olds (only smaller).

Latest posts

Back