48 Ford PU build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plan to run a cut down Chevy grill as well and need to get the hood mounted before I can finish this up. I would like to tilt the hood from the front and mount the first grill bar to it. Here are a few pics of the prototype hinges to lift it strait up and back so it wont hit the rest of the grill below. This is were I am currently at on the project. I have been struggling to get some bracing back in the hood so I can mount the latches in the back and hinges in the front . I scrounged some remote hood latches from a couple of Isuzu trooper in the junk yard for the rear latches. I hope the Ford doesn’t reject these foreign intruders.

Attachments

• post80.JPG
    post80.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 151
  • post81.JPG
    post81.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 202
  • post90.JPG
    post90.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 107
  • post91.JPG
    post91.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 90
  • post92.JPG
    post92.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 92
Still working on it. I got orders out to CA. and have been in the middle of training and moving since mid Jan. I made it out here and got it in the auto hobby shop on base, but they wouldn't let me do any welding.:mad: I think I've found a place I can work on it and use my welder,so work will start again real soon.:D

Anyone live in the San Diego are?

JSC,

I have to publically poke you about using Bowtie tin on that blue oval...you know I have to do it! It does look good though...but then, I'd expect nothing less from both you and well, your choice in front end sheet metal!! :eek:

Keep an eye out for a PM coming your way...

Ok I happen to know you are back home now. So no more lame excuses like in Iraq defending the country bla bla bla. Get building! post pics. (Don't bash me to bad he is my brother. I'm just trying to motivate)

Latest posts

Back