49 channel (first time channel.)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantwell.colton

Rat Rod Philosopher
alright guys --- im gonna channel the 49 plymouth and really just want any tips you guys have ---
one question i know i have is -- should i put any dampering material or bushings between the two or can i go straight on?

i saw the other thread about the floorpans and ill probably use something similar to that first post by 3kross but any other tips would be great.

I think you will want cushion between the body and the frame. The factory did it that way for a reason. I think it would really ride rough straight bolted down. Someone else may know better than me, but that is how I would do it.

We use the round rubber mounts you can pickup at any 4 x 4 shop. They are made for Jeeps, I think, are about 1.5 inches in diameter with about a 1/2 inch hole in the middle, about 3/4 inch thick. They sell for a buck or two each.

Don

I use pieces of old semi truck mudflap. It is reinforced with fiber cord so it provides dampening but doesn't collapse too much. Works good and can usually be gotten for free if you scour the sides of the highway or the local truck stop...

I use pieces of old semi truck mudflap. It is reinforced with fiber cord so it provides dampening but doesn't collapse too much. Works good and can usually be gotten for free if you scour the sides of the highway or the local truck stop...

It might be a rat rod if..... you shop for parts along the side of the road! :D

They make good floor mats too.

pics please

dude do you have any pics of doing it....i have a 49 2dr c-dan and i'm seein how much to chop...was thinkin bout channeling it...would love to c how it looks...please keep us posted

dude do you have any pics of doing it....i have a 49 2dr c-dan and i'm seein how much to chop...was thinkin bout channeling it...would love to c how it looks...please keep us posted

i think im going to see how low i can get by cutting down the springs and putting blocks in the back first ... the floor pans werent nearly as bad as i first thought ... didnt have to remove anything toward the center of the car so it seems like more work now to channel it... ill keep you guys updated though on whatever i do --- get ya some pictures before and after as best as i can.

first time channel

By all means use bushings,pads,hockey pucks,mine belt or scour your local junk yard or pic n pull, you'll find bushing and mounts laying around.

Latest posts

Back