49 Plymouth more door chop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that turned out as probably one of the best more door chops on this forum. I think a white roof is in order for this car. Leave out the skirts unless you can find originals (but then you have to paint and sign them:rolleyes:)
On my pop's original 60's custom 49 plym, the guys flipped the bumper and ran the exhaust through the bumperettes.

Drive it like you didnt steal it
preston

This thread has been very educational. It makes me positive I'll never try to chop a late model car. Too much thinking involved!
BTW, I was given a chopped '49 Ply 4 door about 5 years ago. It was chopped in 1967 and has under 50,000 miles on it now. My son & I put it back together and he drives it all summer. I don't have a decent picture of it. Your thread helped me realize how much skill and effort went into chopping the Ply we have. Thanks.

Last edited:
Chop looks great. Looks so much better without that big bubble on the back. And I love the skirts. I say keep 'em.......but if you don't, can I buy them?:cool:

Lowered

Well lowered the back 3" and keeping the skirts

little skirt tech as had a few questions about them
all I used is 1/2 in conduit tubing cut it in half and mold the open part to the fender little bracing and skin vola..
IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

also a new shot of the car with the ass 3" lower
IMG_1177.jpg

Update

Well it's got some paint on her just need it to warm up a little and send her in for some exhaust

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

11.jpg

This one was chopped in 1967. I thought you might like to see it for a comparison of top profiles. Yours has much more of a custom look. My son occasionally gets asked if he is going to chop this one. Too subtle of a chop for some folks to even notice.

Latest posts

Back