50 Ford Pick up Rats???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a 48-49 I wanna put on a s-10 frame. Set the cab, engine, radiator way back on it and make it look kinda like an old modified racer.

My buddys got a '37 Chevy Pickup cab on a S10 Frame. I got a 1990 Dodge D50 Chassis with a Ford 2.3 and a 4 spd. Ive been running a VW beetle cab on it cut down to a roadster Pickup. Now I want a roof , heat , wipers...maybe even a radio,,,,:rolleyes:

Its a 88 ford ranger frame, 52 F1 cab 51 hood and doors 50 flathead inline 6 with a 50 3 speed trans.

This is pretty much what it looks like today.
Still have tons of work to do to it. lowering it is one of them maybe a chop in the top also.

52 fordman

RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Attachments

• DSCF0297.JPG
    DSCF0297.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
50 ford pickup rats

The motor and trans i am using. The motor is still in good shape so i am going to use it.

52 fordman

Attachments

• DSCF0202.JPG
    DSCF0202.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 27
s-10

You're on the right track with the s-10 frame. I'm buildin' a 49 Fleetline 2dr on a 88 frame, got the body on and the eninge, trans, brakes, tilt column etc done. There is no mods to the springs, shocks etc, and it sits LOW. I'm working on the floorpan now, hope to have iit running and driveable in a few weeks.

Here's mine on an S10. Some folks don't care for the "Look" but there are many advantages, like ride, handling and brakes. Let us see what you decide to build.
09-18-09bbbb006.jpg

Hey Fuzz. I think yer truck is bad!!

Wat size tires are you runnin and wat size n offset rims? And wats yer rear end width measurement? Im wanting to build something like that to. RR

Freakdude..Let me apologize first for hi-jacin this thread:rolleyes:

Ratrodney..the rear is a 9 inch Ford I narrowed to 46 inch total outside to outside, the rims are 15 x 15 with 4in. back space and the tires are 16x33 slicks. Think they are 21 inches wide at side walls.
PM me if you need more details...
aab016.jpg

Thats one bad ride!

Im lookin at runnin 21.5 X 33 inch mt's on a setup similar to this, but I wanna stretch out the front a little to.

Any info will be appreciated. RR:D

It's a 4 inch chop and I channeled the body the width of the S10 frame. I have built a few of the early cabs and they tend to be alittle crowded for me since I'm 6'2 and 225 lbs. This 51 cab offers a much more room so I didn't want to get carried away with chop and channel. Also don't care much for frame draggers it's just not practical in my opinion.
aab019.jpg

It is a race truck right now but when I get bored with racin I can add mufflers, wipers, turn sigs and street tires and go cruising!!:D

Fuzz F1

Fuzzy you need to be carfull on the road you live on. one slip of the GO GO pedal and they will be picking rocks out of the feilds for years. lol. I thought your truck was very bad ass. Hope to see it on the track soon.

52 fordman

:cool:

Latest posts

Back