50 suburban

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighroder

Has anyone chopped a suburban the style of the 48-53 chevy truck I was gunna chop one into a truck with a four door look would the back of the cab on pickup match up to the body of a suburban? Any pics would help thanks Zeth

The suburban is actually only a 2 door but it has a set of windows behind the passanger door and then it has another window with rounded edges behind that my plan is to take the back section of a truck (behind the door latches and use that and then take the suburban and Bob off the body behind the second set of windows and fit the back section of the pickup cab onto the cut up suburban making it look like a 4 door cab but the seats will move forward tho get to the back seat I seen a 2 door ford sedan with a truck bed that have me this idea and I see a lot of these 5 window style chevys that look good fenderless I just need more room and the sedan bodys are hard to find up here in Michigan

zethsedited.jpg

like this and this is the suburban sorry for the crappy pic

If you need the room, why not just build the Suburban?...2-door wagons are way cooler than a fake extended cab truck...

so in a nut shell you want to build a 1950's honda ridgeline/chevy avalanche rat rod? I like a rodded suburban myself over a 4 door pickup. Kinda like the guy up here that cut up a 55 chevy nomad to make a 55 elcamino thing

Jfg455 no not at all like that the bed and the body will be seperated the bed will be an old back half trailer I have ( has the early 50 chevy bed with no fenders and I'm not sure of the actual model it had suburban badges on the side of it and it had a swing down tailgate

Sam fear I think you hit the nail on the head with that one I kinda never even guessed there would be multiple brands as far as suburbans but the rear fenders and doors give it away I've never even heard of Plymouth suburban before I guess I'd have to pass on this unless its really rare or something its pretty rough

Sam Fear is right, I thought I was the only one who knew it's not a Chevy. Please don't hack it up like that, I don't think it would be pretty. It would look better if you chopped it, leaned the rear gate forward and lost the dividing C pillar to make a one piece quarter window. If you really want a four door pickup, you'd be way better off grafting two pickup cabs together.
Just my 2 cents worth....

The right side looks like Swiss cheese right below the last window like someone was trying to shoot and light the gas tank on fire by the filler cap its too far gone as a wagon but I think I'm just gunna leave it be and let it rest where it is

wow! Learned something new again. Never thought there were multiple brands of suburbans. Neat!

Latest posts

Back