50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dr, have you looked at different springs instead of moving your spring mounts? Those things are really welded in there. Different springs or bags. Bags might be easier than moving your mounts, at least on the frame. I didn't go back and look at the axle spring mount.

Put some pictures up of the truck again. I think the last ones are on page 62 or 65.

I was going to post truck pictures today, but it was raining here today[S all that bare metal.

Do you have any weights? Stack it in there to simulate load and passengers. ? Sand bags.

Gold03

Alright!

Boy do you have your hands full!
Know we all know what you're going to be up to over the next couple of years...
Keep us posted
later and best of luck

Hey Dr, have you looked at different springs instead of moving your spring mounts? Those things are really welded in there. Different springs or bags. Bags might be easier than moving your mounts, at least on the frame. I didn't go back and look at the axle spring mount.
Put some pictures up of the truck again. I think the last ones are on page 62 or 65.
I was going to post truck pictures today, but it was raining here today[S all that bare metal.
Do you have any weights? Stack it in there to simulate load and passengers. ? Sand bags.
Gold03

I am pretty close on the ride height actually, maybe 1" or so off, I got the truck on level ground today, and took some measurements from the frame to the ground, I am 3/4" up in the front, and just under 2" up in the back, the truck will compress the rear 5/8" with it being full of fuel. Plan is to leave it for now until I get more things mounted, and completed... so I'm pretty happy so far, the truck is looking pretty angry!

Keep us posted
later and best of luck

I guess I'm not following you here, this truck will be driving this year [S[S
:):)

Anyhow, on to the pics!

Attachments

• DSC05027.jpg
    DSC05027.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC05028.jpg
    DSC05028.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC05029.jpg
    DSC05029.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC05030.jpg
    DSC05030.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 95
Awesome looking ride. I think you nailed it myself.
When the suspension settles in it will be perfect.

What the heck is all that white stuff? Looks cold.

Keep us posted
later and best of luck

I think you are underestimating the drive of DR!!!

Awesome looking ride. I think you nailed it myself.
When the suspension settles in it will be perfect.

I agree!! Once she gets a few miles on her the springs and what not will wear in a bit and it will stand perfect!!

That is looking great DR!

I thought you were working on ride height and thats why I mentioned bags and springs.

gold03

Thanks for the comments fellas!
I'm hoping to get some more done this week for sure, this weekend was too busy for any real progress.

Hopefully I get my steel that I ordered soon, and I can get going on the brake pedal, and master cylinder... I was supposed to have my seats, but I have not heard from the guy... I kinda need the seats so I can get everything in the correct positions for the driver...

Once the brake mechanics are sorted, I may pull the motor, finish weld everything there, and start putting things back together to try to get the motor fired up, after I know that is all good, pull it all down to shorten the harness, and start finishing up sheet metal...

Another big part is the steering, which I'll have to tackle somewhere along the way, and some front shocks, I've all but decided on lever shocks, but I need to find something compact with longer arms, anyone have some suggestions that won't break the bank?

Thanks for the link, I'll see if any of the shorter arm ones will work for me...
Still thinking about the 39-mid 40s lever shocks from the rear of the chevy trucks,
but if I mount the shorter arm ones on the radiator mount I plan on making they might work too...

Thanks for the comments, hopefully getting back on it tonight, I think I'll work on the floor, as my steel isn't coming in til tomorrow from Metals Depot.

I really want to get the floor done, but I cant finish til I get the brake MC mounted, and a pedal assy fabbed up... That and I need my seats, still waiting on the upholstery guy to finish them...

patience is a virtue!!!

No patience is evil! [ddd

Got some of the floor started, and had some help with making a template for the passenger side. I think I will keep working with templates, and then use the break at work, either that or I'll go out of my mind making pieces and re-making them... [cl

No patience is evil! [ddd

Got some of the floor started, and had some help with making a template for the passenger side. I think I will keep working with templates, and then use the break at work, either that or I'll go out of my mind making pieces and re-making them... [cl

Like they say, a mind is a terrible thing to waist.
Be careful.

I built my own bench mount break. Pretty cheap, works well, has a 32" throat. Don't know if that might be something you would be interested in doing. There are pics of it in the home made tools thread.

I built my own bench mount break. Pretty cheap, works well, has a 32" throat. Don't know if that might be something you would be interested in doing. There are pics of it in the home made tools thread.

I think we have an 8' break at work, and also a power break as well... that and I have no room for more stuff in the garage right now... but maybe someday....

Anyhow, had some ideas cooking tonight, also got my tubing today, so I made up the brackets for the brake pedal pivot, made the crush limiters for the fuel tank mounting bolts, and started on the brake MC mounts as well.

The DOM tubing is a little small on the ID, so I have to either open it up, or turn down the bushings I planned on using, either way not a huge deal...

Feeling like I'm making some progress again...

Attachments

• DSC05031.jpg
    DSC05031.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC05032.jpg
    DSC05032.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC05033.jpg
    DSC05033.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Back