50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Floor work, getting closer

Some pics of the last couple nights of work

Attachments

• DSC05049.jpg
    DSC05049.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC05050.jpg
    DSC05050.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC05051.jpg
    DSC05051.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC05052.jpg
    DSC05052.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 60
Lotsa work doing it piece by piece. But it will be really strong. That's going to be a good looking floor.

Lotsa work doing it piece by piece. But it will be really strong. That's going to be a good looking floor.

I agree... someday I will have a break, and an english wheel, and other items that would have made this a lot easier... gotta use what I have to get it done!

cage

looks like a roll cage for the floor pans[;)

should be plenty strong, that is the same thing l did on the 3O something dodge and it is strong as heck, stopped the oil can effect dead in it's track:D

Later :cool:

looks like a roll cage for the floor pans[;)

should be plenty strong, that is the same thing l did on the 3O something dodge and it is strong as heck, stopped the oil can effect dead in it's track:D

Indeed, it has to support the weight of the seats and passengers, should do that just fine, and give support to the cab...

Not a lot of progress this weekend, cleaning the garage as I had someone come look at my motorcycle that I'm selling(fingers crossed everything works out), and I have to get the hemi that I am trading for the upholstery work on the seats ready. So I have to get all the parts out in the garage, and what not...

I'll probably get a little more done this week, hopefully finish the floors and get started on the seat bases...

Probably no one would ever see but, you know it and it would eat you up to leave it.
Now we know it. As the saying goes Telegraph, Telephone, Tell us on the RRR [ddd

I have often wondered how square tubing sub structures react in an accident.Compared to sheet metal with stiffening beads rolled in, it is stronger, just wonder how it would move on impact. Built like you are doing, it's like having a cage built on the bottom of the cab.

What gauge are you using for the floor sheeting?

Gold03

pics

l hope ya don't mind these few pics of mine on the thread, :)

here is a few of the cage to support the floor of the 30ISH sedan l am buildin.

kinda the same idea as your's[;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the floor is looking darn good, more pics, more pics, more pics[P

Attachments

• 1 set of floor replace and gas tank install and motor & tranny 079.jpg
    1 set of floor replace and gas tank install and motor & tranny 079.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 1 set of floor replace and gas tank install and motor & tranny 088.jpg
    1 set of floor replace and gas tank install and motor & tranny 088.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 1 set of floor replace and gas tank install and motor & tranny 122.jpg
    1 set of floor replace and gas tank install and motor & tranny 122.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 56
I have often wondered how square tubing sub structures react in an accident.Compared to sheet metal with stiffening beads rolled in, it is stronger, just wonder how it would move on impact. Built like you are doing, it's like having a cage built on the bottom of the cab.

What gauge are you using for the floor sheeting?

Gold03

Well, it has to be stronger than just sheet metal, as its welded to the tubing as well. I honestly did not measure it, but its fairly thick for floors... if I remember I'll measure it..

I'm hoping that I never ever have to test it on an impact... However, I have isolator body mounts that hopefully would give some, and an overbuilt frame that would hopefully do some good things to keep things in shape =)

Anyhow, seats postponed til tomorrow. Worked a lot on the framework of the floor on the passenger side, all of the square tubing work is done, and I can start adding the floor skins tomorrow minus the removable panels for harness and trans line access.

Paperwork night, a break from metal work.

Tonight I was a bit tired, decided to make all the templates for the passenger side floor... Seats delayed again, probably tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath...

Couple pics for the pic hungry...

Attachments

• DSC05053.jpg
    DSC05053.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC05054.jpg
    DSC05054.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 21
Lookin good DR. [P

Hey Skull not a good way to tan your arms!

Thanks JFG! and yea welding arcs are like 20x brighter than the sun, so wear some protection =) (Being norwegian I get burnt easily)

Confirmed, seats will be here today finally... I will try to get some pics and get them up on here! Should be good motivation to get the cab done ;)

I think I might forego working on the steering and such, I'm getting the itch to get the motor running, so I might switch gears for a while, stop the fabrication and work on getting the motor put back together, plumbed, and try to start it up... :confused:

The seats are finally here, hemi gone!

The new seats, repaired, and re-covered. I just have to paint the plastic trim areas to match.

More progress to come on sunday night maybe... noticed that my doors need to be re-adjusted again... I knew I had some work to do at the latch area but I think it got a little worse... meh, hopefully its not too bad to adjust the hinges.

Attachments

• DSC05055.jpg
    DSC05055.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC05056.jpg
    DSC05056.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC05057.jpg
    DSC05057.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC05058.jpg
    DSC05058.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 26
Nice blend of old style covers on new style seats. Should work and look good.

Latest posts

Back