'51 Ford sedan "barn find" project.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halifaxjack

Hi all, I've been enjoying this site a great deal and I thought I might share the machine that has been stealing away my weekends for the past year.
My father has a friend named John who, in 1969, purchased a 1951 ford for $800. He drove the car for a year and then parked it in the garage beside his house. Last summer that car saw the light of day for the first time since the early '70's. John had some necessary repairs to make on his garage and decided the time had come to say goodbye to the old car. I had seen it for the first time 10 years ago and dropped casual hints about my interest in it as time went by. It pays to wait...
The stock 226 had a lot of years of sitting on it but it turned easily by hand and felt like it had some compression. After oiling all the cylinders and letting it sit for several months of Saturdays, we finally fired it up and ran it a few weeks ago. More smoke and flames than a KISS concert but it runs, and now that it goes I can focus on stopping. The brake overhaul begins next week

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 38
Wash it and drive it. After the brakes are fixed, of course. This is a beautiful car. You are a lucky lucky person. Enjoy!

This is a beautiful car. You are a lucky lucky person. Enjoy!

You ain't kidding! And if you knew how much it cost me to take it home you'd know how truly lucky I am...
I'll scrounge together a few more pictures soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back