52' Chevy Deluxe... just because...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice![cl Love the shop, quite the rig you have there for pulling the front clip. What are the rest of your plans? Going for any body mods?
I am building a 52 coupe/sedan 2dr and I will be watching your progess.
Off to a great start![;)

Thanks Cosmic... I didn't want to mess with that front end so I built that jig to pull it all in one shot... I hope it goes on as easy as it came off... lol

I have to finish making that mount for the tranny and then get my rack made for the steering system... After that I have to figure out how to lift that whole body up enough to slide the frame out... I have a Ford 9" to go under it... I know... Chevy body, Mopar engine/tranny and now a Ford rear... just keeping it interesting...

Body mods.... hmmmm... well I have to move the vent intakes over to the side since that motor takes up all the room now... I found a company that makes Louvers in different panel sizes... so I'll probably have some type of air intake on the side front fenders before I'm done, maybe the hood too... just making it up as I go sometimes... :rolleyes:

Hi Chapelrose. D'yaknow what I liked the best; not the super clean floors, not the new disc brakes, not the factory boxed frame, or the cool front clip remover sling, no, it was shoving a big old Dodge in a Chev. Right on!
Keep on tinkering.

Thanks MercuryMac... I couldn't pass it up either... lol

Thanks Cosmic... I didn't want to mess with that front end so I built that jig to pull it all in one shot... I hope it goes on as easy as it came off... lol

I have to finish making that mount for the tranny and then get my rack made for the steering system... After that I have to figure out how to lift that whole body up enough to slide the frame out... I have a Ford 9" to go under it... I know... Chevy body, Mopar engine/tranny and now a Ford rear... just keeping it interesting...

Body mods.... hmmmm... well I have to move the vent intakes over to the side since that motor takes up all the room now... I found a company that makes Louvers in different panel sizes... so I'll probably have some type of air intake on the side front fenders before I'm done, maybe the hood too... just making it up as I go sometimes... :rolleyes:

Are you change'n the front sysp? if so what are ya using? I put a rack in mine with the stock front end. Interested to see what and how you do it.

Are you change'n the front sysp? if so what are ya using? I put a rack in mine with the stock front end. Interested to see what and how you do it.

I'll use a Mustang II rack for it, maybe something from a stock setup or maybe use something a little nicer... I kept the stock suspension... rebuilt the whole thing with a kit from Kanter out of Jersey... I had Jamco Suspension on the west coast cut me a set of coil springs to handle that BB... they do nice work... a little slow on the delivery, but the products are top shelf... so far...:cool:

I'll use a Mustang II rack for it, maybe something from a stock setup or maybe use something a little nicer... I kept the stock suspension... rebuilt the whole thing with a kit from Kanter out of Jersey... I had Jamco Suspension on the west coast cut me a set of coil springs to handle that BB... they do nice work... a little slow on the delivery, but the products are top shelf... so far...:cool:

A MII rack is front steer if you are using the stock front end it is rear steer.
That is the problem I ran into. I ended up using a mid to late 70s GM rack outa a Citation I believe or whatever that FWD GM body is there was a bunch of them.
Not trying to hijack your thread, but I had a lota trouble with this and was told by many it shouldn't/ can't be done. I want to see how you do this.

Attachments

• tail and rack mt 010.jpg
    tail and rack mt 010.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 25
  • exhaust start 001.jpg
    exhaust start 001.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 24
  • tail and rack mt 009.jpg
    tail and rack mt 009.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 25
A MII rack is front steer if you are using the stock front end it is rear steer.
That is the problem I ran into. I ended up using a mid to late 70s GM rack outa a Citation I believe or whatever that FWD GM body is there was a bunch of them.
Not trying to hijack your thread, but I had a lota trouble with this and was told by many it shouldn't/ can't be done. I want to see how you do this.

I have to finish making the tranny crossmember yet, maybe this weekend... then I'll turn my focus to the Rack and Pinion next... I can see what you're getting at here, but I have seen the MII on different vehicles placed on either side of the crossmember... I think the real pickle will be designing the rack mount to locate it in the proper location... It'll take as much work as those motor mounts did.

Thanks for the tip on the GM rack from the Citation... I'll keep that in miind... I'll post pictures if I find a good way to solve this one Cosmic... ;)

building the transmission mount...

I got a few more pics together building the transmission mount... It was just a little more work than a 350 turbo where I could have gotten away with a straight bar and a mount... But the 727 required a horseshoe style mount... anyway... enjoy them...

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 8
a couple more...

Attachments

• 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 17
That my friend is a hefty mount....

this mopar motor about 1,000 horse??..:D...cause it looks like it would handle it quite well..... nice work man....looks professional.....

Latest posts

Back