52 fi rat truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52 fordman

Okay i am building my first rat truck, never built any thing like this before. Built a few harleys and have gone to school for auto body repair back in minnesota where i worked in a few shops doing everything from sectioning to frame repair. Due to medical problems i had to stop doing that work and now miss it so 7 years later i bought a rusty crust old 52 f1 ! had no frame or any thing just the cab fenders and bed, whats left of the stuff.

I am going to put it on a 84 ranger frame. The motor is coming from Maryland, a 1950 flat head inline 6 with the 3 speed trans still attached to it, for the price of 75$. Yep Its been in a clean dry garage since 1996 when it was removed from a Deluxe that was getting a V8 flatt with a over drive trans. so with some good luck it will run..

If you live in the area let me know what you are working on and i might be able to help and i know i will be needing help!

Thanks
Randy

welcome to the site from another ford truck guy......
i'm surprised that you haven't been notified yet, however, that an intro must include pics of said projects;):D
enjoy your time here- alot of nice people w/ help when needed.....

Welcome to RRR, Randy. Sounds like a cool project. A few other F1 builds going on here so there should be no lack of ideas to borrow :D .

I'm new to this myself. Old f-1s are cool. Almost bought 1 a few years back. Been kicking my own ass ever since. Even had a running flatty but no bed. Had other projects cluttering up my time. But for $600 it could have sat in my yard just as well as his I guess. Guy

52 f1 rat truck

The 1st pic is when i went and looked at the truck, it was sitting on a 70 chev chevelle frame that was cut and bird pooped welded. floor rotter out and the door cut off.
The 2nd one is after i had stripped all of it i wanted and started to cleanup the cab put a peice of steel in the floorabout 3 1/2 inches up from the old one that i cut out. I now have the 84 ranger frame and motor ready to come out the cab is already off and on the scrap trailer wich is building up. i am going to list the doors and hood on E BAY they are to good to throw away.

Post more later diner time

Attachments

• 3ma3p83l9ZZZZZZZZZ96ibc60c04347ee11d7[1].jpg
    3ma3p83l9ZZZZZZZZZ96ibc60c04347ee11d7[1].jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 6
52 f1 rat truck

I have a 1950 inline 6 and 3 speed trans. I am putting it on a 84 ranger frame. I have raised the floor of the cab about 3 1/2 inches and may need to cut some of that when i set it on the frame as the back of the cab might sit to high.

Just a hood and some kind of a grill. Box sides only for now no fenders there either, the floor may happen someday never know.
I have already found a 53 1 1/2 ton with a dump bed and a v8 that i will be getting this fall. Its in the woods and to tell you the truth its just to darn hot to go get it out. And some snakes are know to be around that area! so waiting until its gets colder!

The pics here are of the 53 1 1/2 ton, it even comes with a clear title!!!

52 fordman

Attachments

• DSCF0093.jpg
    DSCF0093.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0088.jpg
    DSCF0088.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back