52 ford now a 49 build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nos487

I have started doing a little on my truck and decided to start a build thread. Has 307 chevy, 350 turbo and sitting on s10 frame.
Here are pics when I first got it.

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

I know how you guys hate fenderless s10 frame trucks so I took my fenders off for you. I have not decided if I am going to put back on or not. If you guys rag me enough I will leave them off. anyway here are current pics.
I couldnt decide what to do for the grill it was full of bondo so I cut it all out and started over. I cut end of frame rails and changed the way the tilt was.

9-12-10006.jpg

Then welded my dash in was just mocked in there when I got it.
9-12-10004.jpg

Crappy pic of free wheels I got from friend, they are 18x8 nissan titan wheels.
9-12-10002.jpg

Take a 3/4 shot of it so we can see how the grill looks better. I'm going to hold off on judgement for now....

"If you guys rag me enough I will leave them off."

you cant come on here having a bad attitude and asking questions not the best mix you should have a open mind when asking questions some answers you may like and some you may not but take the good with the bad.

I dont have a bad attitude, I have great attitude. I just should of put ha ha or LOL after comment. It does not matter what anybody says about my truck I like it and that is all that matters.
Back to the reason the fenders are off at this time because my wife likes it without them and I like it with. she thinks it looks more like a rat rod. So I guess I am going to put them on again while she is not looking and try to decide.

They are on backwards or should I say they where on backwards. The guy before me put them on that way for the wheels would be centered in wheel wells (s10 frame). I started putting front fenders back on but they are so full of bondo I am not going to use them. I may leave fenders off for a while and get it running first. Thanks for comments guys

I did a little work yesterday. I widened front fender by 3'' and took 3'' out of center and lowered fenders down some. I still need to finish welding and grind all the bondo out and beat some of the dents out. I lowered rear fenders and set them on factory studs. They are still on backwards but I think I will leave them that way makes truck look shorter. Here are some pics.

9-19-10008.jpg

9-19-10010.jpg

9-19-10009.jpg

What year of s-10 frame are most guys running now-a-days ? By the way I love that phantom look. I have a 52 truck that I'm wanting to tear into. Just getting my ideas together

Are you sure you have an S10 frame? Not trying to be rude but the wheels are 6 lug and all of the S10's came with 5 lugs (2wd and 4wd). Or did you swap out spindles and such? looks like the first pics have 5 lugs. [;)

On a side note, I like the fenders on, lowered, and the way you have them. Looks good. I also like the 18" steelies as well. [cl

I bought adapters to use these wheels because the wheels and tires where free. I also needed the wheels to come out some. I am not sure of year of frame but I will measure wheel base for you. Thanks for replies.

no need for measuring. You answered my question! I was curious 1 due to the lug pattern and 2 I was thinking of using a 01 silverado frame under my 50. it is a 6 lug and I think I would have to widen fenders as you had. still a cool build! [;)

little progress

I did a little work but not much. Here are some pics of the slow progress.

Here is pic of headlights I got that are just sitting on there. Not sure how I like them yet.
10-31-10081.jpg

Here is pic of dash almost done, need to drill and install other gauges I got and find me a small speedo.
10-31-10080.jpg

Here is a pic of a box I got at work that had an side airbag in it. Not sure what I am going to use it for, but something.
10-31-10082.jpg

Latest posts

Back