52 shake down run!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopper tom

Way too young to be a hippy!
Finnaly got to take the 52 for a test drive to day !!!
I forgot how much fun it was to drive !Havent driven it sence the ol six went down and i desided to update the running gears with a 350 ,a 77 three speed and an open drive rear with 411 gears !,Power steering also.
Made a big deal of differance in it !but that 411 has got to go ,big fun pulling out and driving around town but rough going down the high way.

novasand52004.jpg

Looks Familiar

I've owned at least 6 of those trucks that style Their great trucks. Keep us posted.

That truck looks to be in great shape, tom - is it a 3 window? Did you leave the 3 on the tree?

440shorty

NAH,i put an old hurst 3 speed stick shift in it.
I really dont like the way she drives [been driving my other 50 truck with a camaro sub frame on it for too long ,it drives like a dream !] the frame twist's a lote when you get down on it .and i think some stiffer shocks are in order also.I removed 2 leafs from the front in order to lower it some and it hits pritty hard .But the old truck is a ball of fun to drive !!!!

Good looking truck! I am interested in your frame twist, with the 350. What are you running for rear end and tires? Have you boxed any of the frame?

Cant wait to get rollling on my project 52 :cool:

I only boxed where i put the engine mounts ,but these frames are made to flex.
After rideing my 50 with the sub frame for so long [handles awsome in comparison,i think that putting a sub frame on it must make them more ridgid and less flexible but i also have it lowerd and a lote less travle in the suspention]the 52 dos'nt fill right when you take a curve it has lotes of body roll and too much travel in the suspention for my tast.
I was going for the old school build but will update the fram latter.
I'm running a buick reagle rear with a 411 posi and 10'' wheels with 275 /60's on them_205 /60 up front.It would probly be better to run by plys on the strait axle [so ive been told]but i like the lowprofile radials and cant aford whitewalls any how.

Latest posts

Back