53 Dodge Cab Removal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey_Pauly

I'm pulling the cab off the frame and I am wondering if any of you fine folks have done this already. Specifically, once I have the four big bolts done am I home free?

Thanks,

HP

yep

pretty much. the cab is the same as mine. just make sure all the wires, shift linkage, steering, brakes etc is disconcted and be careful when ya lift.

on the doors l got for spares they ran a chain thru the cab and dented the cab/doors real bad.

l ran 2 6x6's side to side thru the doors spaced about 15'' apart with a 2x4. one up near the windshield and one near the rear of the cab. then used a chain hoist to lift it up. she came right off fairly easy. just go slow and careful.

Later:cool:

Cab removal

Hey Pauly, I am doing a chassis swap on a COE. Because I couldn't get the COE in the shop, I had a wrecker lift the cab off and set it on a roller dolly.

Now I am going to set it on an E150 chassis (in my shop). I am going to lift mine with my motor hoist. I am going to put the boom in thru the passenger door opening. An eyebolt in all four corners of the cab floor into some of the cab floor braces to lift by and up it comes. A friend just removed and installed his 1925 Mack C-Cab this way.

You can also lift thru the windshield opening if the glass has been removed.

No chance of bending ANYTHING. Just a suggestion.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back