53 ford f100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jensens ratrods

has any one chopped a 53 ford f100 truck .new to this not sure how to do it .but how much do you cut out . most all glass needs to be replaced .so i thought i might chop it . any pics or advice will be appreciated thanks

Go out and buy a copy of Tex Smith's "How to chop tops". Invaluable book that will show in detail the job you are about to tackle. I would look through the build section here also. Chopping tops is not that difficult if you keep in mind a few simple rules....Measure, measure and then measure again before you cut! And ANYTHING can be repaired. Good luck with your project and don't forget the pics!![cl...CR:D

1953 ford

i ordered tex smiths book last night . want do get it on s10 frame first to see what it looks like. i might channel it not sure how to do that either .want to get as much info as can before i start cutting it up.any one got a pick of one on s10 not chopped or chopped thanks karl

has any one chopped a 53 ford f100 truck .new to this not sure how to do it .but how much do you cut out . most all glass needs to be replaced .so i thought i might chop it . any pics or advice will be appreciated thanks

Here are a few shots of mine when we started on the chop...

Attachments

• chop started.jpg
    chop started.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 24
  • chop started2.jpg
    chop started2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 24
  • chop started3.jpg
    chop started3.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 23
  • getting closer.jpg
    getting closer.jpg