54 chevy front brakes dragging

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap901

Once I start moving there not dragging once I go about 2 miles and 2 stop signs the brakes start dragging getting hot. can any of you help me figger out why the brakes are not releasing? Thanks Jim

Sounds like the fluid is expanding and keeping pressure on the wheel cylinders. How is your master cylinder pushrod adjusted ? You should have some play in it. How many wheels are having that problem?

Don

both fronts do the same. I put new pads and wheel cylinders. It has power brakes but i dont have enought vacuum for them to work untell I get the ele vacuum pump hooked up. i do not have the rear brakes hooked up yet.

Last edited:
Thanks Dirtyrat. That may very well be it. I got A ELE vacuum pump thats pulls 16 hg vacuum do U know if it needs to run all the time or just when the brake applyed?

I've never used an electrical vac pump, but I have seen them on diesels I believe with a vac pump and canister.. I imagine it runs when it needs to based on a pressure switch?

Latest posts

Back