54 ford 4 bar setup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chasinhiway

Well i decided to tackle installing a no limit engineering fat bar kit on my 54. there is something about completely removing the rearend and all that holds it in place that makes me a little nervous. But I just removed the volare front clip from my 54 and installed a mustang II under it and needed to get the rear end down to a more suitable level. The kit from no limit is very complete and the instructions are great and easy to follow with hand drawn illustrations. The first step is to remove the rear end leaf springs and all brackets. then locate the axle centerline (i did this before removing the axle) on some applications you may want to move were the wheel sets in the fender. From there its pretty straight forward measure the set distance from the centerline and thats where the front brackets go. adjust the bars to another set length and install them and the axle brackets. Then cent the rear end side to side and tack weld to brackets. From there just install upper and lower coil over brackets and panard bar. all brackets come with bolts to bolt to frame, I also welded mine.

Attachments

• 54 sound 4-BAR 003.jpg
    54 sound 4-BAR 003.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 54 sound 4-BAR 006.jpg
    54 sound 4-BAR 006.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 54 sound 4-BAR 011.jpg
    54 sound 4-BAR 011.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 54 sound 4-BAR 013.jpg
    54 sound 4-BAR 013.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 54 sound 4-BAR 014.jpg
    54 sound 4-BAR 014.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 51
You have any info on where to get that? Seems like a simple set up and I have a 54 I plan on restarting on this winter.

Attachments

• ford.JPEG
    ford.JPEG
    64.8 KB · Views: 7
It handles GREAT!!!! The coil overs are ajustable to fine tune ride height and the shccks are adjustable to adjust the dampening. you can find them on the web at http://nolimit.net/ They are a great company to deal with. I had a question about the ride height of mine and called them. The girl I talked to couldnt answer my question so she took my number. I thought oh well I wont hear from them since it was a Friday afternoon. So Saturday morning Im in my shop getting started and my cell phone rings with a number I dont recognize. I answer it, its Rob the owner of the company calling me to answer any question I have. That is customer service.

Well here it is done for the time being. mustang II front 4 bar rear. Just got back from a 800 mile trip to crusing the coast, it rode, drove and handled flawlessly. Felt guilty passing all those trailer queens on the highway.

Attachments

• 54 031.jpg
    54 031.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 54 033.jpg
    54 033.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 54 030.jpg
    54 030.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 54 034.jpg
    54 034.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 18
I like it! sits just right. Now with a few more miles to wear the shine off the paint....Naw, looks good as it is![cl

That'a a beautiful truck. Nice underneath too. Can you tell me wheel and tire sizes? Are they wide white radials? What brand?
Thanks & keep on cruising.

Yeah, I built it to drive. So i figured over the next 5-10 years the paint will get its share of "character". The wheels are 15x8 fronts and 15x10 rear with 275/60r15 on the rear and 235/60 r15 on the front. I got them from diamond back. They can get you anysize tire you want with a wide whitewall. They are a good company to deal with. http://www.dbtires.com/ is their website.

Latest posts

Back