55 F 100 build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEVE1103

Started on my 55, duel master cylinder is in and working, still working on the wiring harness, installed a Mustang gas tank yesterday, tryed getting it between the frame rails but had to put it under with hand made hangers, should work OK.

Attachments

• 55 Fuel tank #1.jpg
    55 Fuel tank #1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 36
Hi Steve,

Having just gotten my 56 back on the road (second time), I am looking forward to following your build.

I just got my duel MC dialed in this afternoon. It is a CCP frame mount booster for disks all around. It was real sensitive to push rod length. 1/6 turn on the adjuster would cause drag. I finally hooked up the brake warning light from the proportioning valve, and all seems well now.

How many gallons is the Mustang tank? Ironically, I put a 53-55 F100 under floor mounted tank on mine in lieu of the original behind the seat model. It is only 15 gallons or so. Still working on that little mod too.

Did I say I was "finished"?? Nah...

Have fun,

John L.

55 f 100

Hi, John L. I am useing the original drum brakes in mine, they seem to work but will see when I get it on the road. The Mustang tank is 16 gallons, I sure don't like the behind the seat tank. I had a 53, with a 303 Olds and Hydo back in 66, when I was stationed in NM, smelled gas all the time! I will use a 300 6 in the 55, only problem is trying to get one. think we found one, should have it soon. Have a great day!! Hey your never finished!!

Latest posts

Back