55 ihc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilgription

Going to pick up my first project today. 55 IHC truck. Probably go fat fendered on this baby and use a S-10 frame or something. will post pics later today.

Welcome to the "Fat Fender Society" and big boy truck club....lololol :D

I am using a 71 Chevy C20 chassis for mine and it requires that I use 31.5 x 15" wheels and rubber. Once sitting on the frame, the bottom of the cab is skirted 16" over the chassis wall and only has a smidgen of space before it will drag the ground. The S-10 chassis is almost too lite and too low to drop a fat fender high boy truck onto its mounts. Best start with a full size frame and trim down as needed over being too small on the starting line.
And for your enjoyment and parts help, do check out the OldIHC.org site.

Maximo

well i have never posted pics here and am having trouble. I have them on photobucket , but i just cant get them copy over to the site

Well here it is

55ihcs130003.jpg

55ihcs130002.jpg

55ihcs130004.jpg

55ihcs130001.jpg

This thing is a 55 S130 with a Black Diamond motor that seized not long ago. I won't use it anyway. 17.5 inch tires and check out that crazy overload spring set up in the back. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I already have had one guy to offer me way more than i paid for it. I may cash in and use that$$$ to get something in better shape. Parts for this thing are almost impossible to find.

Latest posts

Back