61 Caddy thoughts?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warejn

I just went out and looked at a 61, four door caddy that a friend had sitting in his yard. He pulled it out of another place and they wanted to scrap it.

I am not much a caddy guy. It looks like a 390, I fired it up with a jump start and drove it up and down the road. It moved under it's own power which is a good thing. It has all the skirts, moulding and the glass is intact. The interior is a little rough and it says 50k on the clock, I am betting it may be 150k at least.

I just had a kiddo and i am thinking about a "family" car. Are there any quirks or odd things about that year caddy?

I will try to get pictures up later.

What he said......

They are awesome cars and I bet the mileage is right, back in those days everyone wasn't A.D.D. and needed to run around all the time.

Sounds like a great start since it's able to motivate under it's own power...I wouldn't hesitiate if the "price is right"....[cl

I only read the topic.... Definitely!!! Read the rest ... Double definitely! [dr

Tell him you'll pay $50 over scrap price. ;)

I knew a girl in south Louisiana that had a ratty one that FLEW.The suspension is, as she told me, lowers itself the faster that you go to get ground suction and holds it to the road. You have a Beast there, NICE! John T.

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

It looks like a really bad shade of red in person, but it is pink. The Sea Foam green is starting to peak through in places. We figured out a price which is a few bucks above scrap, 400 bucks as long as the numbers come back clean. The drivers side rear door is really the only damage and the front fenders have rust along the hood and near the rocker.

All the trim and lights are all wrapped in bubble pack in the trunk with the skirts. I think I am going to do it. Now I just have to sell something to make room.

I've had a bunch of Caddys over the years, starting with a 59 I had up to the current one I drive daily. All have been magnificent automobiles. Cadillac had some of the best riding, most solid, and fastest cars around, considering they weighed about the same as a 2 bedroom house.

That one you pictured deserves to be saved from the crusher, or being parted out. It won't be a cheap redo, as the parts are a little on the high side, but you will have a very nice family car when done. I always kept my family in a big ole Caddy when they were growing up because I knew we had a lot of American steel around us.

Don

Are you kidding me that thing is big enough to use as the nursery [cl
It's even the right color if the new one is a girl [ddev
Seriously, grab it anyway those a very kool cars [dr

Jim

Weld the rear doors closed, cut off the body behind the front doors and narrow it about one foot, then mount it on a A frame and use a truck rear end to have the rear tires outside of the body panels. Similar to a Big Daddy Roth custom.
Get a IH tractor grill and put some zoomies and tall air scoop...... RAT ROD.[P

HELL YEAH! $400? Pay him as quick as you can and grab that thing. People around here would ask $1500+ for that around here. And that's with no motor! If you dont like it after you put it all back together, flip it for some new shoes for junior. :p

Weld the rear doors closed, cut off the body behind the front doors and narrow it about one foot, then mount it on a A frame and use a truck rear end to have the rear tires outside of the body panels. Similar to a Big Daddy Roth custom.
Get a IH tractor grill and put some zoomies and tall air scoop...... RAT ROD.[P

Really? Wow...

128780587140361923.jpg

Latest posts

Back