61 Caddy thoughts?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe that's how I sell it to my wife, I will tell her chicks dig it. The numbers came back clean, now just the epic wait for the title.

Just in time for snow. Somehow, I am not guessing it will not be much of a snow car. That means I can work on it all winter. I just checked and the chrome shop said the front bumper is 1200 for a dip. I guess I need to get used to caddy prices.

Thanks for all the thoughts, they were just as I figured.

A few words...Flat black, red wheels, wide whites, pin stripes...These cars look perfect like that. May sound cleeshay( not sure how its spelled) but that's the rat-rod way (Hey, that rhymes).

Leave the paint alone. Low as can go. Flat black rims, no caps or rings, black wall tires. Flat black the bumper and any other chrome that needs redone. Drive it. Work on it. Drive it some more.

Last edited:
I think I am going to do something about the paint. I am not very excited about a faded, peeling pink paint job. The chrome is ok, I even have the original hubcaps.

The rest is on track, not to low because I live in the mountains and our road is not so smooth.

It is going to be awesome, now I just have to wait for the papers.

I was just sayin' don't worry about the paint right off. A Caddy is the only car that can be pink and not look totally ... uh... flamboyant! :rolleyes:

...but yeah, eventually the pink needs to go.

thinkin slotted mage slammed or off wite gloss steelies with satin black... with all the trim... looks pretty good to

Ha, not stolen, numbers are clean, let the work begin!

Congrats! I'm jealous!

Here's some inspiration. (Sorry it's not a flat painted sedan).

1961cad1.jpg

Latest posts

Back