68 c10

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlawz916

I traded my 89 f150 for this 68 c10 in november 2011. I have been slowly working on it. Here's some pics

027.jpg

So far i've stripped the interior, welded the exhaust with thrush glasspacks, bobbed the bed, welded the tailgate skin to the bed to make it flush, lowered the back 5 1/2 inches with coils and 2 1/4 Z, removed bed floor and dual bed mounted gas tanks, took apart front suspension cleaned it all up and cut 1 ring off the coils, mounted the bed on the frame level, took front clip apart and sanded the insides and painted the insides, currently reupholstering the bench seat and rewiring the truck without any accessories for now

That's a cool idea with the chop off the rear thing. You couldn't have done that with leaf springs. Are you keeping the engine as is or....? Is it a 327? I had a 68 Suburban 3 door with the 327. Ran pretty good for 4000+lbs. Keep up the good work.

That's a cool idea with the chop off the rear thing. You couldn't have done that with leaf springs. Are you keeping the engine as is or....? Is it a 327? I had a 68 Suburban 3 door with the 327. Ran pretty good for 4000+lbs. Keep up the good work.

Yeah it has a 327, it was rebuilt but i have no clue how long ago. if i had to guess i would say about 40,000 miles on it. Im keeping the motor and tranny stock for the most part. it has a new 4 barrel carb so im just gonna get a intake manifold for it and maybe a stage one nitrous kit. and a floor shifter for the tranny

different all right. I don't think the porportions are right but there isn't anything wrong with your fab skills. And you have the stones to work outside the norm. It kinda looks like the way they used to make tow trucks. The axle would be right at the back to carry the load of the towed car. Keep at it![;)

Attachments

• Headlamp bucket 1.jpg
    Headlamp bucket 1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 16
different all right. I don't think the porportions are right but there isn't anything wrong with your fab skills. And you have the stones to work outside the norm. It kinda looks like the way they used to make tow trucks. The axle would be right at the back to carry the load of the towed car. Keep at it![;)

your not the only one who thinks so. thats what i like about this forum though. even though everyone doesn't have the same opinion on something we still respect the build:) my thought that drove me to bob the bed was that i liked the idea of not having any tail swing. Plus when you come from the fullsize offroad truck scene, bobbing a bed isn't a big deal. but i think a street build has just as many uses for a bobbed bed as a offroad truck

Latest posts

Back