700r4 lockup converter

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bears 38

How can I tell if my converter is locking up or not ? I try to feel it while accelerating and I can't tell . I have a B&M lockup control that has the red and green LED's with a slide switch , it goes green but I don't feel anything . Can I test the converter somehow ? or maybe the lockup controller ?

I have one in my Chevelle. The power to the transmission is cut when I step on the brake. When I step on the brake and then release the brake I can feel the converter lock back up. The rpms drop when it locks up.

Keith

I DID figure out - it AINT workin!!!

The B&M controller isnt energizing the A terminal , Does anyone know if the green LED goes out and red one lights up when you hit the brake -or will it stay green until the speed drops down to the adjusted speed ? Mine stays green even with the brake pedal pressed .

I got the A-terminal energized now , the brake switch was the culprit . Still not sure how to tell if that darn converter is locking up or not though . Any tips on how to tell ?

hey bears did you get an answer to your converter concern ? what year is the 700r it may have modulated tcc comes on in steps hard to feel

lock'in up

I think its working now , I had to do some adjustments on the brake switch (slipped a piece of steel fuel line over the switch arm to lenthen it) now after I get over 40-45 mph I can feel it go into 4th and it feels better - no slack or free wheeling feeling. I don't really feel it unlock if I hit the brake though . I DO know its getting power too the term. on the tranny now - checked it with a 12 volt buzzer . BTW this is in my '49 chevy truck , the tranny is a '84 outta a camero or firebird and I had it gone through and updated with better parts insides including a TCI constant presure valve body .

I had it gone through and updated with better parts insides including a TCI constant presure valve body .

Does that Valve body do away with the TV cable? Hows it working? You happy with it?

Thanks for any Info on it, I'm considering one, but not sure.

PA41

TCI valve body

Does that Valve body do away with the TV cable? Hows it working? You happy with it?

Thanks for any Info on it, I'm considering one, but not sure.

PA41

Sorry for not replying earlier , computer problems had me off line for awhile ! The valvebody is working out great , it doesn't eliminate the tv cable though . It DOES eliminate burning up the trans. if the tv cable isnt set quiet right . Supposedly the trans. now has constant preasure no matter where the tv cable is set . All I know is it works fine and I can set it up to chirp the tires hitting second gear at around 1/3 trottle or I can ease off of the adjustment for driving in less than dry conditions (rain/snow).

Latest posts

Back