73-87 chevy rat rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has any one out there ever seen a rat rodded 73-87 body style c10. i have a 81 swb that has been lowered, i have removed the bed and replaced with a 70 stepside bed with no fenders(not gonna run any either). has a factory 6cyl with 4 spd. trying to descide on doing a chop on the top and running fenderless in the front with a custom grill. gonna do a v8 eventually right now the 6 runs good and gets great gas milage. any thoughts? thank you....

Nice trucks

My everyday truck is 1982 chevy LWB.
It has the 250 6cyl with automatic.
I have owned it 18 years.
Glad I bought a 6cyl truck now.
Gas prices are crippling.:eek:
Funny thing is my old truck gets better mileage than my brothers new one.[cl

there was a fella from alabama that was doing one but i can't remember his name, his exwife was reason4, you might try reason4 in the members list he should still be listed, maybe someone will chim in here.

your right

your right ive been doing some drawings and nothing is looking right. thought about just chopping the top. and run it that way.

86 k-20 Rat

I built what I had, take a look, not old but it's mine.

Attachments

• rat rod.JPG
    rat rod.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 158
86 k-20

I took a 78 Z28 sub-frame and built the rest of it to fit the cab on and stay with the same camaro wheelbase. So I had to take out 23" out of the bed as well. 15" out of the rear fenders. If you want to sede more pics of the build check out my facebook rat rodder. Here is a pic before I painted it with tractor paint

truck

hello i like that truck. i trtied to find u on facebook under rat rodder i dont if its u or not there was only one. my name is bobby johnstone. im gonna do a bunch of sanding and work on it this weekend my girlfriend works so i get to play lol. im gonna try and get a pic on here this nweekend.

86 k-20

Bobby that was right, I got the email that you liked the FB page. Look at the photo albums for the build. I can't wait to see your photo's. I thought I was the only one out there that has that new of a body. That's cool that someone else is doing newer. Let's face it old is used up and hard to find. We have to keep the rodding culture alive somehow. :)

hey its all about building what you like..
heres a pic of my ratty old chevy

its got a 468 big block,reverse manual th400 with 3500 stall and a disc brake 9" ford rear with 3.89 gears..

51608044.jpg

I saw a truck from that era at my docs office once and never saw it again. It was satin black, had a tube grill, roll pans front & rear, peep mirrors & wide whites on orange steelies.

Latest posts

Back