97 ford 4.6

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankee Transplant

He started out with nothing, he still has most of
I'm getting a 97 4x4 Ford truck tomorrow with a 4.6 in it . the engine was took out and put on the ground about a moth ago ,, no fire on #8 cylinder... I dont know what is wrong with it , ill have to find out when I get the engine to the house ... My question is will anything else fit this transmission or does it have to be a 4.6 ? I heard there is nothing else that will fit .. My plan will be to fix the engine . but if its roached , I would like to have a 2nd option ..

Your probably right If I go that rout this will have to be another drawn out project... I may get lucky and it will be a cam or valve. I seen the truck run before but it had a miss in it , and he decided to take it apart to find out what was wrong, and lost interest on the project .

I would imagine that the 5.4 would also bolt up.... But I don't know that for sure. But yeah there would probably be a lot of work to go in to that. No fire in number 8 and they pulled the motor?? Sounds like a drastic move if you don't know whats wrong....

I would imagine that the 5.4 would also bolt up.... But I don't know that for sure. But yeah there would probably be a lot of work to go in to that. No fire in number 8 and they pulled the motor?? Sounds like a drastic move if you don't know whats wrong....

Others should bolt up but my concern was the computer and such.

Your probably right If I go that rout this will have to be another drawn out project... I may get lucky and it will be a cam or valve. I seen the truck run before but it had a miss in it , and he decided to take it apart to find out what was wrong, and lost interest on the project .

Swapping to the same engine shouldn't be difficult at all. Swapping to something else its a computer controlled truck would be a headache.

Latest posts

Back