a 47 chevy p/u I built

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williej

wish I had build pics

Attachments

• withkids2.jpg
    withkids2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 111
Nice!!!

WIllie,
Really love u're ground dragger. I see u're got plenty of helpers too!!! ; - >

BoB

It is a '47. We chopped it 4 inches by using a second cab for a donor roof. The frame was "c" notched about 12 inches in the rear so an S-10 axle could be hung on a home made triagulated 3 link (I got the 3/4" rod ends out of a dumpster at work. It cost me a total of $12 for jam nuts and 3/4" bolts) The front is a mustang II that we got as a u-weld-it kit with airbags all around. It still has the (not quite) original 235 I-6. We had to raise the motor/trans 2" so that they wouldn't hit the ground first when it is aired out. When wit is dropped, it will not move. It will just sit and spin the rear tires. By using salvage parts, building what I could and careful shopping, The friend I built it for only spent about $2500 including my labor (he owes me BIG). The only thing left to do to make it road worthy is a wiring kit. I keep telling the owner that it is perfect as-is, but he seems to think it needs paint. He pays the bills, soI guess it will have to be done someday. Any other ?s

Nice job on the truck, willie !!! I thought I had gotten my wife's truck (a '47 Chev also) down low. Tho her's don't use bags.

Latest posts

Back