A Fathers Love

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tackman

Developing Story: Faithful Father of Thirteen Gives His Life for His Children In Alabama Tornado Destruction

By Doug Phillips
Tom Lee was a man who always had a sparkle in his eyes and a Gospel message on his tongue. His family is one of those that people describe as “energy givers.” When Tom, his bride and his family of thirteen children would arrive in town, it always meant encouragement.
Last night as tornado storm winds approached the Lee home in Alabama, Tom gathered his wife and thirteen children in the den. They huddled and they prayed. Two minutes later the tornado descended upon them. The house was instantly destroyed as beams and cinder blocks reigned down upon them.
But in his last great act of fatherhood, Tom Lee had the presence of mind to throw himself on top of his children, including his first born son Jordan. Looking up at his father Jordan saw the blood in his father’s mouth and witnessed as the breath began to leave his father, but was able to hear the last words of his fathers crying out to God for the safety of his family. Then the spirit left the body of Tom Lee.
More at the link
http://www.visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2011/04/9416/?fb_ref=blogindex&fb_source=home_oneline

What a great message.....

Sounds like he was a great man...... so terrible what is happening to these areas.... God keep them safe.....

With 13 children, maybe it was his time to be taken out of the gene pool?

I know it is a free country and all, but I find it a very irresponsible to sire so many children, in a world very rapidly coming to grief through overpopulation and shortages.

There are several tv 'reality' programs that focus on fools who have created huge families and I assume they all support their own children, or are they drawing on welfare (our taxes)???

I know it is a free country and all, but I find it a very irresponsible to sire so many children, in a world very rapidly coming to grief through overpopulation and shortages.

There are several tv 'reality' programs that focus on fools who have created huge families and I assume they all support their own children, or are they drawing on welfare (our taxes)???

May God have mercy on you and your feeble mind.

wow what a sad story...but a very noble man to protect his family, especially in a time when so many men abandon their responsibilities as fathers...

KH, as for the "comment" i guess you have a right to your opinion, but to kick out a comment like that--about someone unknown to you--well it just isn't the time or place...the man gave his life to save his family, would you?

Everything else about this tragedy aside, why does the description seem like it is pulled straight from the script of a made-for-TV movie? Reading along it sorta feels like I'm watching a corny preview. :rolleyes:

I feel for the family, but the over-dramatic storytelling is definitely hokey. It's media heart-string tugging at it's worst.

Best wishes to anyone affected by these recent events. Recovery will be difficult, but we will press onward. Godspeed...

I've heard this kind of talk before
pigs_walking.jpg

hitleratchurch.jpg

Everything else about this tragedy aside, why does the description seem like it is pulled straight from the script of a made-for-TV movie? Reading along it sorta feels like I'm watching a corny preview. :rolleyes:

I feel for the family, but the over-dramatic storytelling is definitely hokey. It's media heart-string tugging at it's worst.

My point exactly. It is turgid 'reality tv' type drama with very little factual content, designed to impact the feeble and shallow.

And as for my comments, they are based on FACT not folly or fascism.

Torchmann, do you seriously see nothing socially wrong with people spitting out that many children, whether it be through ignorance or stupidity?? Do you like paying taxes, because those 13 kids welfare payments are where your tax dollars are probably going to.

The western do-gooders are trying to persuade third world peoples from doing just this mindless procreation, to save massive overpopulation and poverty, and judging by the financial state of the USA right now, maybe they should start looking a little closer to home.

Keep in mind KH, we have well distanced our selves from death and tragedy in the States in the last half century. As well as distance from responsibility and giving, so acts as such seem extraordinary to us.

Even then, your statements are politicizing someone's death at the time of their death. Bad timing is the issue.

Ya, KH, even you have the right to have as many children as you want. Frankly I don't see where it's any of your business any how many anyone does or doesn't have,(of course thats only my opinion)

Ya, KH, even you have the right to have as many children as you want. Frankly I don't see where it's any of your business any how many anyone does or doesn't have,(of course thats only my opinion)

Well, like you say yourself "that's only my opinion" and that was what I gave in response to the thread. It was posted to elicit responses, reactions, and I gave mine, wouldn't it be a boring world if we all agreed on every subject.

.....Even then, your statements are politicizing someone's death at the time of their death. Bad timing is the issue.

Yes, I do admit a little error of judgement there. :eek: Apologies to anybody offended by my somewhat crass response.

Torchmann, do you seriously see nothing socially wrong with people spitting out that many children, whether it be through ignorance or stupidity??
Is that the children's fault? they are innocent.
Only in the beginning of their life are they a product of their environment. as they become men and women they will become a product of their own decisions. Life liberty and pursuit of happiness. they belong to everyone or they belong to no-one. It isn't anyone's place to say how many children a family should bring to birth anymore than it is anyones place to decide at which point an old man's life becomes too great a burden for others to bear.
The most important thing in life is life itself. It is people, not money. Deny no-one their life unless they come against you to take yours.
Who's ignorance?
Who's stupidity?
It isn't a human decision to perpetuate the race.
It isn't a human decision that greatness comes not out of genetics or genealogy but out of will and work.
It isn't a human decision that a very small percentage of humanity are responsible for the evolution of man from a naked beast laying beneath the trees to a higher being capable of spreading earth's life throughout the cosmos.
less than 1% of humanity are responsible for any achievement man has made and everyone else is along for the ride and do little more that merely perpetuate the species.
And this minority of greatness comes from out of all races, all nationalities, all combinations of sperm and egg and from all kinds of families. the sad truth is that many capable of greatness coming from backgrounds of comfort and privilege never have the spark within ignited to advance our species to the next level.
The task or advancing the species had nearly always come from the poorest among us.
No one of us is fit to decide who is fit to live or not.

All men are created equal in this one respect. while all have been blessed with different capabilities no-one has been given a greater gross endowment of right or quality than their fellow man.
Where one is weak another is strong.
The sum of every man's strengths and weakness over the course of his life is fairly equal to that of his neighbor with one exception.

Man is created out of animal (same technology-different hardware and programming)but in a station above animal...
Only man is created in the image of the maker
Being created equal everyone of every race and background has the same choice, Live as man or live as animal.
It is said in religion that man has dominion over animal
It is a scientific secular natural fact in this world that Man dominates animal.
It is a social and political fact that people who chose to live as animal live under the dominion of those who chose to live as men.
People who chose to live by instinct, satisfaction of the flesh, who follow their every want and desire are living as animals. Animals live for the day. they satisfy their hunger and run from their fear.
Man on the other hand looks boldly into the face of his fear, he overlooks his desire and hunger. he plans and builds for the future, he gives of himself for those under his charge out of his humanity not out of his animal nature.
He looks to a high standard of faith in the unseen nature of truth that only those who seek it shall find it.
Man is a creature that exists beyond the scope of his flesh.

I don't see any difference between one person having a selfish lack of concern for his children and brings more into the world because he likes sex...and a person who only sees these children as a burden to himself and equates some sense of loss with the prospect of the life of another.
Both are exhibiting animal natures, desire covetousness and fear.
Neither are the qualities of a regenerate man.

No person is wholly animal or man but living some path of personal evolution with the exceptions of those wholly committed to their animal-ism.

Stop worrying about how many kids someone has. there is absolutely nothing you can do as a man to change that... beyond personally reaching that person.
Outside of reaching that person in honor as a peer, the only way you can effect their behavior is by yourself becoming an animal.

I don't like or respect very much when an employer has to pay me less out of his available payroll because I have no children of my own so they can give that money to someone with children. I worked just as hard and just as well for that money why should I be entitle to less of it because someone else couldn't keep their pecker in their pants?
I didn't sleep with their wives, why should I support their kids?
it isn't my choice to make, it isn't my company.
There are many ways that people not directly connected to you are a burden upon you.
why should poor people breed so much? I don't know, why should anyone less intelligent than myself be in any position to effect my life and interrupt my agenda? why should old people retards and cripples that cannot care for themselves be supported?
Because there are humans in this world of Homosapien animals with a conscience.

I'm not going to get religious here... this next statement is strictly philosophical with no endorsement of any particular faith or any diety...

One of the meanings in the bible that "you must be born again" is that a homosapien animal must die to his self to become something more, to become man.
Homosapien animal is not the image of the creator, it is the image of creation.
Man (born again homosapien animal) reflects the image of god.
Sometimes this means sacrificing one way of life for a higher way.
Surrendering the cravings and fears of the flesh to the unseen in you which gives you strength and guidance
Other times it requires the greatest sacrifice of all that a man lay down his own life for his brother.

This father to these children has taken the ultimate action anyone can take in his personal evolution that calls for nothing but the highest honor. He has become all that he could ever be and will live on forever in his children and in those who knew him.

These are not my words but the words of far greater men than I who have come before me.

Apologies to anybody offended by my somewhat crass response.
Accepted...
I found it offensive not to me but to what has been instilled in me.
All I can do is speak out and let it go
Truth stands up for itself it need only be spoken. No-one has a monopoly on the truth.
I hope my human frailty has not tainted the truth and the more we speak, the more mouths that seek to spread the truth and discuss differences in good cheer, the greater the truth that perseveres.
It is a bit of a miracle that in the cacophony of truth and untruth that as long as people talk to each other...the appropriate truth for the subject at hand always presents itself to those with good will.

A good example of that is in America we don't hold so tightly to convention and tradition. Because of this the British have a saying that in dark and lost days while others cannot find the answers, Americans will eventually do what's right... after they have tried everything else.

A little long winded Torchman, but I agree with most of what you said. I have seven kids and don't see a problem.

A little long winded Torchman.

Agree, and glad to see someone else saying what I'm thinking. I don't think he can make a post without it being 2 pages long, full of pseudo-intellectual observations and a few stories mostly unrelated to the topic at hand. Must have a lot of time. I'm really not trying to be mean here, just stating the obvious...

Agree, and glad to see someone else saying what I'm thinking. I don't think he can make a post without it being 2 pages long, full of pseudo-intellectual observations and a few stories mostly unrelated to the topic at hand. Must have a lot of time. I'm really not trying to be mean here, just stating the obvious...

lol thanks guys... no hard feelings king herald I wouldn't have had anything to say without ya chipping in :)
I like to write. it's like a intergenerational game of pass the potato tell the tales and pass them on while you can. I'm beginning to understand why grandpa had so many stories.

lol thanks guys... no hard feelings king herald I wouldn't have had anything to say without ya chipping in :)
I like to write. it's like a intergenerational game of pass the potato tell the tales and pass them on while you can. I'm beginning to understand why grandpa had so many stories.

That's the beauty of differing opinions: it'd be a boring world if we all had the same one. :D

Latest posts

Back