A fordor A

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O YA

looks good the black would look good i think you should think about it blk and a pinstripe on the belt later

Thanks!

Not to many new pics just yet...been plugging away at all the little details (installing windows, wiring,...ect) that really dosen't make interesting photos!

Just an update.....still finishing up the wiring and plumbing from the back half of the car first, then I can install my floorboards and build upon the interior from there!

I did get both front doors put back together with new window guides, felts and seals...they go up and down like new!

Painted the shocks the same as the body color.

I even painted the scoop the body color as well!

Attachments

• DSCF0011.jpg
    DSCF0011.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF0012a.jpg
    DSCF0012a.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF0009.jpg
    DSCF0009.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 71
Looking great, a lot of work in a short time.

Thanks!

Car should have been close to done 6 months ago....but had that rotator cuff surgery and it layed me up for some time.

All-in-all...I have 8 months I've been working on it...maybe put about 20 hours or so a week into it...

I want it done so I can move onto the next two projects!

Nice weather today...so had to take advantage of it!!!

Did the final welding on the headers, welded on some collector rings. degreased, lightly sandblated, coated with RUSTOLEUMS 2000* header paint.

Installed the floor and rear deck...still have to carpet it...but will wait til the car is near the finished stage so it doesn't get all messed up

The floor and rear deck it .750" weatherproof plywood. Got some stain at Homey Depot and had them tint it black....applied that to the plywood.

The wood is bolted to the framework, but put down beads of silicone just to eliminate any possible rattles.

The seats are just placed in there..not mounted yet until a floor covering is installed (just thinking about using a rubber mat).

Waiting for my marine grade vinyl to come in....then I'll make the snap on top, door panels, even thinking about covering the tranny tunnel with it as well...but that is still up in the air.

I even painted the scoop black to see if I like it or not....still undecided!

Attachments

• DSCF0019.jpg
    DSCF0019.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF0021.jpg
    DSCF0021.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF0023.jpg
    DSCF0023.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0024.jpg
    DSCF0024.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF0025.jpg
    DSCF0025.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 49
headers look great... its turning out fantastic.. cant wait to see some shots of it on the road

very nice car , I can't believe the paint came out so well . I have always heard that richard petty mixed a bunch of colors like you did and came up with the legendary Petty Blue that he ran on his race cars for so many years . The car looks fantastic !!! [cl

Wow, what's the wheel base on this thing?! From the pics it looks pretty damn proportional. Great job!

WB is around 125".....if I was to build the car to its original 108" WB...it looked like it hit a brick wall!!! Low and Long...Turning radius sucks....but it looks great!!!

She Runs!!!

Well... after some Chineese Flexplate issues (Summit Brand SFI FLEXPLATE teeth shattered when cranking it!!--Ended up buying a B&M brand))....I was able to bolt this baby together yesterday and fire her up!!

I set STATIC timing to about 8* BTDC so she would at least start up...eyballed the rough idle screw, topped off the fluids and crossed the fingers!!!

Turned the key...I bet the engine only rotated once and fired right up!!! Idle was pretty darn close as well!!! Ran the tranny thru the gears ---all looks good!

Engine was a trnasplant from a running vehicle...just put on a new intake, carb, dist, oil pump and pan, valve covers...ect

I'm glad I didn't bleed the brakes yet or I would have been tempted to take her out in the 17* temp, snow on the ground, and no windshield yet!!!....in due time she'll be out and about!!!

Here is a YOUTUBE short video of the car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTURv1E_pWw

sounded good!!! thanks for the vid.- i think the car turned out great, and i know you'll be burnin those tires off when you hit the road!:D

Man, that video tour of your car really points out the great job you did. It sounds really good too. Just add in some blower whine...:D

What a great video , your car looks good and sounds great ! I love the excitement in your voice as you did the video. My hat is off to you , great job !!!! [cl

Latest posts

Back