A hood named shorty.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJinaTJ

Here is a little rod that I am building for myself.

Shorty is a .50 roller. I am just waiting on perches. You must remember this is still a mockup so no gusseting has been completed on the rear yet. I plan on sculpting the rear rails as well as gusseting them..

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

Saw this on the P.O.R.K. they sure got on you for posting this on there.

I dont like the 41-46" grills by them self like that they just look weird. Thats why I have a 39"

But if i had one i would not cut it up.

Keep up the work, and dont let the other white meat get you down...

I dig it... always loved those Deco Chev grills! Please keep us posted on u're progress!!! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

Im confused?? The first pics are of a 40's Ford cab then its a 40's chevy did I miss something?

I dont like the 41-46" grills by them self like that they just look weird. Thats why I have a 39"

Wow, they sure did!! I had to post on there to the one who made the most negative comments...Funny how in his 19,000(yeah, that's right) posts he doesn't have any pics of his own cars or trucks, but he has plenty to say about yours!! Hang in there and keep building what YOU like! Better hang around here if it's positive comments you're looking to get..[cl...CR

Reality check:

"To be totally honest I love the traditional rods just as much as the next guy, but if you think I am going to sit on my a** until my children are all grown up to the point that I can afford to build one you are mistaken. I have a garage full of tools and tools are meant to be used." -Ronnie (BJinaTJ) [cl

But a good point - the HABM is the wrong site for your non-trad build. RRR is the right site!

So what is the deal with the kick up - why is it so high? What is that spring from? I think you should put a third brake light right in the middle of the spring perch just to draw more attention to it.

I have a lot of work to do on the grill. Yeah, they got all excited. No creativity over there...

That will be a pretty cool looking truck , keep up the good job and post more pics of your progress. I ' ll be waiting!

Im confused?? The first pics are of a 40's Ford cab then its a 40's chevy did I miss something?

I am building the Chevy for myself. The ford is for a customer that has not made up his mind as to exactly what he wants. I old him he could keep it in my driveway until he decides. Then I will take it to the shop to build up.

I just rolled the frame out of the garage to get better light while taking pics.

Wow, they sure did!! I had to post on there to the one who made the most negative comments...Funny how in his 19,000(yeah, that's right) posts he doesn't have any pics of his own cars or trucks, but he has plenty to say about yours!! Hang in there and keep building what YOU like! Better hang around here if it's positive comments you're looking to get..[cl...CR

Let me whine... They'll get over it, then I'll come back and post progress pics and get them all in a stir again. Just when they think the guy that tainted their board is gone he reappears.

Reality check:

"To be totally honest I love the traditional rods just as much as the next guy, but if you think I am going to sit on my a** until my children are all grown up to the point that I can afford to build one you are mistaken. I have a garage full of tools and tools are meant to be used." -Ronnie (BJinaTJ) [cl

But a good point - the HABM is the wrong site for your non-trad build. RRR is the right site!

So what is the deal with the kick up - why is it so high? What is that spring from? I think you should put a third brake light right in the middle of the spring perch just to draw more attention to it.

I simply wanted it that way.. The spring is 6" taller than factory...

I cannot get any pictures from the back until I can get it out of the garage. The lens is a 200mm and there is not enough room behind to get one. I should have it soon though...

The thread on the PORK got closed because of the drama,I just got a couple comments in at the end about their ignorant and insulting comments. I try to go on there just to look for some ideas and stuff,but sometimes it just gets a little much.

Harald

Looking good man.. one day i will post my build on there .. just to stir the pot.. haha

keep it up.. !

Latest posts

Back