A lil drivin' excitement this weekend in the rain!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Well I was goin' for a spin in my gasser panel truck this weekend & havin' a pretty good time crusin' Houston's freeways. Remember... I have big M/T slicks on da back. THEN... up comes a little rain storm & all of a sudden the sucker starts to slippin' & a slidin'! Only the Tripper's superior drivin' skills kept him between the stripes but believe me... startin' to hydroplane & turn sideways @ 60+ got my attention!!! I finally got the sucker slowed down & pulled over & sat there a while & ck'd my pants... just to make sure!!! Not interested in *any* more of that my friends!!!:D:D:D

BoB

I bet you could not have drove a needle up your @ss with a jack hammer:eek:. I have been their my self not fun at all. glad you didn't get hurt, good drive n :cool:

Glad your drawers are OK !! The rain got me recently too ! I had WD40'ed my 51's body and few days later ran into rain at night. I don't have any wipers so the WD40 from the hood and roof mixed with water ran all over the windshield , could not hardly see my lane !!! My winter project is to get a wiper motor on that thing, along with door glass. Glad your OK !!

Oh..

What..Ya dont like a little fun while yer driving there Trip.? Better let me come out and handle those drivign duties...LOL..Glad you and the gasser are ok.

I sure am glad your alright Trip. I know that was a scary ride. Hydroplaning really sucks unless your in the middle of the Everglades!!! I almost hydroplaned up under a jack knifed semi trailer once at 70 miles an hour on the interstate. Somehow I managed to get stopped about 6 feet away from actually going under it. Talk about needing to check your pants!! I've hated driving in the rain ever since. At least I was able to drive away from the scene. The unfortunate truck driver didn't make it.

Thunder

Thanks guys & yes... sometimes it does rain in Tejas! It was a pretty day for a cruise & a thunderstorm just popped up & believe me... next time I'll pull off & drive on the feeder! It dang shore got my attention & puckered me rat up! It was an odd feeling like I was rollin' on oil or ball bearings but was able to keep it sorta straight until I could slow down enough to pull over. Just sat there a while till my heart quit poundin'! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Latest posts

Back