? about 351c block

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willz2155

just wondering if anyone here knows how much just the block weighs? someone back up in ny offered me a good 351c block and headers for free, but its up to me to get them down here to nc. i looked up some info on line but could not find anything about the weight.

I used to run one in my drag Mustang, but never weighed the block. If I had to guess it would be in the 100-125 lb range. That would be bare block.

What are you going to do for innards? Make sure at least that you get the main caps with the block, otherwise it gets expensive to get ones machined to fit properly.

Don

thanks for the info don its going to help in figuring how to get that thing down here. right now im not really too sure how i would build it, because not only would this be the first time i have ever built a motor, but i have only been bouncing the idea around in my head for a day now and we had a platoon party last night so the 351c was the last thing in my mind haha. if i do manage to get it down here and dive into it im sure i will be taking plenty of pics, and asking lots of questions!

Latest posts

Back