AD pickup enthusiast from southern Ohio...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockettruck

Howdy...

I've owned my '51 Chevy half-ton since 1976 and is now partially torn down just to spruce things up a bit. I installed the Nova sub back in 1988 along with the Olds 455 and Turbo 400. Except for short periods of downtime like right now, the truck is usually driven every day.

If I can help anyone with questions about the Chevy AD trucks, I would be glad to. My e-mail is [email protected].

Rockettruck (Randy Wickham)

welcome. I'm new myself but have already been hooked with all the stuff they have on here. what part of Ohio are you from? I'm in Newport Ky.

Your truck looks great, and the 455 makes it even better. Welcome aboard.

Did you know someone is repopping a tripower intake for these engines? First time ever since Olds did it in '66. :)

Don

Welcome!

Rocket,
Welcome to the forum... make u're self @ home! Nice truck... let us see some more pictures!!!

BoB

I have a question about the Chevy AD trucks.....So what is a Chevy AD truck?

hope its not like the Henway! Boy was my face red!

AD trucks...

Race Dude...

AD trucks are basically the style of Chevy trucks made from late '47 through early '55. "AD" stands for "Advance Design"--Chevy marketing phrase... By the way--a hen weighs about 2 1/2 lbs...

Don--

I hadn't heard about any kind of new tri-power intake. Who is making it?

Rebstew...

I live in Wheelersburg, Ohio--two hours east of Cincinnati on Hwy 52--right on the Ohio River--I've been through Newport KY many times crossing the river..

I'll see if I can find any more pictures, though my pop up blocker is giving me fits right now...thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Randy

A stupid question!

Hope you don't mind a stupid question but what is an AD truck?

ISore

AD... wow!

AD stands for Advance Design--Chevy marketing phrasology...'47-'53 Chevy trucks...

Rocket,
Wow... I owned 2 of those trucks a '48 3-window & a '51 5-window & have never heard that term either! Thanks for the info & love to see some more pictures of u're ride!

BoB

Cincy Ohio here, bout 10 minutes west of town, not far from the river
nice truck too, love the AD marketing

yeah id like to find out about the tri power for the olds 455 as well, i have 1 im planning on putting in my Bug when i get the motor rebuilt

Ron

weicom to thr RRR!
I have two ad truck a 50 and a 52 five window .here are a couple pics.I just got the white truck back on the road this last week,i for got how much fun it is to just drive a daily driver .but i do need win shied wippers!?:rolleyes:
101_2415.jpg

novasand52004.jpg

Ad enthusiast...

Thanks for the welcome wishes...

In addition to the rockettruck, I just bought another rusty AD truck with the intention of using it for parts. Well--I really don't need another project...but since it followed me home...and I 've got most of the parts I need...now if I just had the time...but that hasn't stopped me yet!

I think this idea of "acquiring projects" is part of the sickness of old cars (and trucks). Am I alone with this "sickness"? :)

Rocket Randy

I think this idea of "acquiring projects" is part of the sickness of old cars (and trucks). Am I alone with this "sickness"? :)

Rocket Randy

You are not alone my friend. And you just happen to be amongst others with the same "sickness". For us there is no cure so we'll just keep on aquiring projects. :D:D:D

Latest posts

Back