advice needed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davecarney2

o I have been drooling over late 20's early 30's rat rods for a couple years now. Had it all planned out. A rat rod truck...fenderless, crazy chop, just a cool rod with a big engine. Well now I need advice on what to think. I bought a 1967 15 foot camper (1700 lbs)......still same idea...tow it with the rat rod after all it is light.

The real problem occured when I bought a golf cart to take camping. Now not sure what to do. Still would like to sport a low slung chop top bare bones rat rod (fenderless if possible) but now it needs at least an 8.5 foot bed.

I have racked my brain. Looked at COE's....cool but really more than I need. Still trying to get close to the original plan.

Suggestions please.......

I saw you posted the same question on the H A M B. That thread is going to get very interesting quickly, I bet. :D:D The LOVE the RR words over there. :eek:

Don

Build it to look like the old ramp trucks, that were used in the late 60s early 70s to transport race cars. Air ride or a tilting bed to load and unload, could be really cool.

If the trailer is a bumper pull then, like was mentioned, build the rod with a flat bed just big enough for the golf cart and bag the suspension.
The next choice is to make two trips to the camp grounds. :( ha ha
The up side to this is you get to drive the rod more.

Jim

Just thought of this, you do know with a 67 trailer a rod pulling it the golf cart has to have one of those hotrod bodies on it too, to fit in. ;)

Personally I like the ramp truck idea!
With a radical chop you could just about have the ramps on the top!
With your ramps at that angle they wouldn't need to be that long!!

What to do?

Definitely a ramp up over the cab!! That'd be 6 kinds a cool. BUT then the golf cart would have to be extra cool too. Flat black with flames AND a serious chop....hahaha.....love it!!

What???....I'm serious!

Put a door in the back of the camper make a removable bed platform and a set of ramps that slide under the flood (when not being used).Drive the cart into the camper where the bed would be while your traveling. Make up the bed when the cart is outside.

yea I didnt get to read the HAMB board. they got kinda upset I just wasnt paying attention to which board I was on when I posted it. I didnt get to read but 2 of the comments. Went to work and it got deleted by admin

Latest posts

Back