All Good Things Must Come to an End.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This pretty much sums up the entire thing.

Why the stunning switch? Ford dropped its sponsorship of Bigfoot in 2007 (after 23 years), leaving Firestone Tires as Bigfoot’s primary partner and sponsor. Firestone is the official tire of this year’s Major League Baseball All-Star game fan festival in Anaheim, Calif., and Chevy is MLB’s official vehicle.

Combine the two in one place, and Bigfoot will wear a Silverado body when it arrives in California for the 81st All-Star game on July 13.

Gotta go where the money is and with who pays the bills i guess.

i see why they done it, but it doesn't make it right......

my first 4x4 love was a big blue ford...always will be a 79 ford in midnight blue met. --just like THE original monster truck

First Toyota in NASCAR now this...when will it end?

I'm sorry but that BS is just wrong! Toyota in NASCAR, wrong, wrong, wrong! If they ever win it was probably because the accelerator petal got stuck at full throttle like a good Toyota does! [ddd

Beercan

In 1986 I had the opportunity to go to work for Bob Chandler. We spoke on several occasions, but in the end, I went in another direction. I was going to start out in the background, and then slowly move to a driver position, if I was good enough. The job was traveling all the time. Sometimes I regret it, then, I see what happened to Jim Kramer's back, and I am kind of glad I did something else. Bob was looking for husband wife teams to go on the road because several of his drivers partyed pretty hard.

Myself? I support Bigfoot, no matter what shape the body is in. I do hate to see it happen though.

Here is a picture of Bob Chandler with the new power wheels truck prototype in 1985. That young lady is my wife of 27 years.
bobchandler.jpg

Is there anything really "Ford" about it anymore? Or even a Chevy for that matter? It's just a frame with a plastic mold of something that kinda sorta looks like a vehicle - same with NAP-CAR. All the soul was sucked out of it a long time ago. It's just about corporate sponsorships, TV airtime and the almighty dollar....

Is there anything really "Ford" about it anymore? Or even a Chevy for that matter? It's just a frame with a plastic mold of something that kinda sorta looks like a vehicle - same with NAP-CAR. All the soul was sucked out of it a long time ago. It's just about corporate sponsorships, TV airtime and the almighty dollar....

Sure, just like funny cars, drag bikes, and even Baja Racers, but "win the race on Sunday sells cars on Monday".

When was the last time BF actaully competed?
Big Foot started the whole Monster truck craze and nobody could touch it.

Now it's nothing more than a show truck. It dropped by the Bridgestone Firestone plant where I work a few years ago.

Attachments

• BF5.jpg
    BF5.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 8
  • BF3.jpg
    BF3.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 9
  • BF.jpg
    BF.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 6
  • BF2.jpg
    BF2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 5
  • BF7.jpg
    BF7.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 4
that's a pretty cool history ya got there , Bonehead.....

stonecold, i know whatcha mean, my kids love to watch monster jam and i thought a while back that it seemed odd that bigfoot was never involved in it...i guess they have their own schedule to keep, but at least it seems like they could put a truck in occasionally..

and B.E.D. i agree with your statement too, there's not much that is ford/chevy/dodge/ left in the world of automotive competition....i would like to see some REAL stock car races....[ddev put a ford taurus out on the track with an impala and a camry lets put REAL cars to the test...i'm not talking about doing away with every one's precious nascar, but maybe do a simple race like this once a year

sorry for the rant:eek:

Latest posts

Back