all wet........

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustywrench

my trip to work today. its usually 12 miles and takes 20 minutes. today it took 1 1/2 hours. roads were either washed out or flooded all over. i'm sure some of you other guys were greeted by the same thing this morning...pete
floods10.jpg

man you guys over there got the rain...we got the ice!! I had to break a 1/2 in of ice off my windshield this morning...lol

Looks like you need some oars...LMAO

Err... boat forum!?

my trip to work today. its usually 12 miles and takes 20 minutes. today it took 1 1/2 hours. roads were either washed out or flooded all over. i'm sure some of you other guys were greeted by the same thing this morning...pete

Dude... U mite wanna look into a good boat forum!!! ; - >

BoB

'T-shirt weather here in Sacramento:D took a brake from building my rod to ride my Harley along the river to my local watering hole for a beer:) I think spring is starting in the West and heading East this year.:rolleyes: Doug

WOW!:eek:
I was shocked to see the 1.5" of fresh snow we got yesterday. I can't imagine facing anything like that.
It'll all be coming to a sunny end soon...hopefully. (I keep saying that- this morning I woke up to 5 degree temperatures- but at least the sun is shining!:D) That snow pile in front of the garage door has got to melt eventually.

Jay

hahaha now i hear by friday night the entire northeast is supposed to get up to a foot of snow. they say we'll get 3-6 inches. sheeeeesh. isnt it march? i tell ya if this global warming gets any worse....i'm gonna freeze to death.

It was about 77 today in eastern NC. I worked in my shop in a t-shirt all day. Snow???????? What's that? In 1974 we had 2 feet and it shut the town down for 4 days. Nobody could go to work and all the stores ran out of milk and bread, it was a mess. We're not prepaired for snow so if there is a forecast for snow the schools and all the government offices shut down and that's just for a forecast. A friend of mine emailed me from Sturgis SD today and said that it was snowing right then. I can't imagine that cold weather when I'm running my AC already. Harleyboy

Harleyboy,
Not trying to steal this thread, but I worked for a company that had plants in NC, and have worked at several. Lincolnton, Greenville, and Greensboro, man I can almost taste that barbecue and them collard greens. Anyway I'll be thinkin of you guys wearing t-shirts when Im wearing a 20 pound coat, shoveling snow tomorrow.

I'm about 70 miles east of Greenville over on the coast. Move on down. The bar-b-q is still great and the weather is fine. We can use a couple more rodders down here.

I'm about 70 miles east of Greenville over on the coast. Move on down. The bar-b-q is still great and the weather is fine. We can use a couple more rodders down here.
If I had to move, that would be one of my choices, that is some pretty country there, Born and raised in the little county I still live in, better just stay here. :D

Sometimes....

Harleyboy - We lived in Wilmington, NC for three years. Sometimes I regret moving back home, but everything happens for a reason. Are you going to Waccamaw this year? It's next weekend!

440shorty

hey harleyboy. i lived in that neighborhood twice myself. carolina beach 1976-79 and castle hayne 1995-97. after hurricanes bertha and fran i was ready to move north again. i rode out both hurricanes in my shop in castle hayne. fran was pretty rough. i was picking tree branches out of the roof rafters. i owned the sign shop (Tri County Signs) right in the "y" of rts 133 and 132. i had a fax and copy store there too. and a bunch of hot rods including a gold 64 elky, and a bunch of other el caminos, an olds v-8 powered rear engined dodge d-50 pickup truck. a silver and purple lowered shortbed silverado, and others. if i ever hit the lottery i'll probably move back to that neighborhood. it would cost a fortune to move my shop now since ive accumulated so much stuff (junk), lol. my brother still lives in carolina beach. i drag raced at most of the tracks around there, coastal plains (jacksonville) harrels, delco, dunn benson, piedmont, rockingham and a few others. they race year round down there. i remember winning street class in the gold 64 elky at harrels in december. while living in castle hayne i met ben (440shorty). he lived and worked right down the street. in fact ben rebuilt the powerglide in my 64 elky. weve been messing with hot rods together pretty much ever since.

Last edited:
Hey 440shorty, Wilmington has grown so much. The traffic is almost unbearable, but they have a lot going on. I bought the grill that I just got from a man from Carolina Beach. There is a car show at Ft. Fisher tomorrwo, but the wind is suppose to blow 20 to 30 MPH until about 2PM. Yes I'm going to Waccamw next weekend. Last year there were about 2500 cars in the show. There were about 6 Ratrods and I'll bet there will be 100 or more this year.
Hey Rustywrench, I remember seeing your El Caminos parked at your place. I go to all the same drag strips. Coastal Plains draws some really big names nowadays. They also have a round track now. The most fun is the cruiser/bruiser class. It's a bunch of local rednecks beating on each other's cars. I have sevral friends that race and I go to cheer them on. I was born and raised in Jacksonville and have never left. I love it here. Life is good. Harleyboy

Latest posts

Back