almost robbed (or worse)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy

Motor mouth ratchet jaw!
i was filling my trucks tank late at night recently
there was noone else around
a car pulled up to me very quickly and the passenger hopped out and walked up to me closing the distance quickly
i got over by my open door where my SP-101 .357MAG was sitting on the seat.
when he saw it he did an about face
got back in the car
and they left
you cant tell me he wanted to talk about the wonders of disneyland.

Imma use your tragedy for a torch update XD
I almost got robbed too
I almost bought an engine from u pull its with the same miles as my wore out one

I have a 2000 f150
|U pull its has a 2006 town car super clean no wear on the arm rests steering wheel etc...
electric dash, no key...

So i ran the vin through google and found a website called erepairables
its an insurance auction proxy that allows non dealers to buy from insurance auctions
it's also who the junkyard went through

So erepairables only tells me that car is no longer available... of course it's in th ejunkyard! but there is no search funtion for completed auctions...

So i ran the URL from my first google search back through google and then I have the option of viewing a new or cahed version of the url
The cached version was the end of auction page. the junkyard had won the auction for 200 bucks and a few hundred in fees.
And it listed the odometer so i didn't need to pay for a vehicle report!

191,000 same as my 2000 how?
needless to say I was saved a few bucks by a little sleuthing
that was yesterday...

So this morning
My brother calls
Gives me a phone number
He found a 2000 being parted with 50,000 miles and I'm putting a deposit on the motor and tranny for $600...not bad

I also picked up a pair of 55 gallon windshield washer fluid drums for $10 apiece.. one is going to be my new electrolysis tank
I'm going to try running it off my Lincoln 240 Idealarc DC welder instead of a battery charger see how that works on a crusty old engine
SEe you guys later glad your still with us Billy

on you

why was it not on you[S[S

the few seconds it takes to get to the seat where the .357 is could be the difference between going home or going nowhere FAST.

situational awareness is a great thing, stay alert & safe.

Later :cool:

why was it not on you[S[S

the few seconds it takes to get to the seat where the .357 is could be the difference between going home or going nowhere FAST.

situational awareness is a great thing, stay alert & safe.

Later :cool:

it was less than 2 feet from my hand.

I can't say enough about situational awareness in every aspect of your life. And nothing ticks me off more than people without it!
I don't have firearms at the ready in my cars most of the time but almost everyone of them I own has a full magazine. Why own an empty gun?

I can't say enough about situational awareness in every aspect of your life. And nothing ticks me off more than people without it!
I don't have firearms at the ready in my cars most of the time but almost everyone of them I own has a full magazine. Why own an empty gun?

I am finally coming around to the idea that I may soon need to purchase a handgun to carry. I was born and raised in the suburbs of Detroit and worked several years downtown in some rough neighborhoods. Situational awareness kept me out of a lot of trouble. I was taught how to drive a stick on Woodward Ave in traffic at night by a guy who survived via situational awareness and just plain old being a big guy. Always have an escape in a vehicle situation, never get too close to the vehicle ahead of you and use your manners - it can keep you alive.

Or at least it used to. Drugs have become so prevalent in this area that people are REALLY desperate. There used to be honor among thieves as well. Churches used to be sacred, even to the coldest thief - not anymore.

A close friend of mine has his CCW permit, and he has been urging me too. My biggest concern is my kids' safety. If I do, I will definitely go CCW, even though we are open carry where I live. I just don't see the need to open carry and potentially provoke the very problem I'm trying to avoid.

Wow, Billy, glad that worked out well for you. I'm like you, I would hate to shoot someone, but our life comes first. Good that you had your little friend with you.

Don

I'm pretty fortunate that the need to protect yourself from crazies around here hasn't changed much in my 61 years. You are thousand times more likely to get snuffed by a texting teenage girl than a person with violent intentions.

"situational awareness" is something I've embedded in all of my kids. Everyone has it but one! He scares me when he's out and about because he has no clue what's going on around him at times! I'm glad it all worked out for you Billy...I would have loved to see the expression on the other guys face when he caught a glimpse of your pistol! Priceless! [cl

A gas station is a pretty common place to get robbed. I don't own a hand gun since they are tightly controlled in Canada. At the pump I'm always prepared to hose down the dirtbag. A shot of gasoline in the face or in the crotch, even if it does not light will give most guys a rash. Let them know your willing to light up if they persist. If he has a hand gun, pulling the trigger can cause him a problem once he is dripping with gas.

If I was going to carry for self defence I would go with the Taurus Judge snub nose. 410 shotgun round 000. You get to shoot four "rounds" every time you pull the trigger. I think it's a great gun for close in defence, and the gun packs 24 pellets if loaded with 000. Enough to discourage the worst crack head. Makes a hell of a bang as well!

It's on my wanted list.

Last edited:
I have fired this stainless steel 3 inch snubby over 10,000 times.
I know because as a reloader I kept track of how many 1000 boxes of bullets I have gone through.
As a result
Firing this gun is second nature and I am dead nuts on the money with it.
For fun l like to shoot clay pigeons sitting on the 100 yard berm

Clearly, they crossed the wrong guy, Billy. [cl

A gas station is a pretty common place to get robbed. I don't own a hand gun since they are tightly controlled in Canada.

If you're old enough, you'll recall rifles and shotguns hung in the windows of pickup trucks. "Back in the day" a friend's father used his and likely saved his own life.

You are thousand times more likely to get snuffed by a texting teenage girl than a person with violent intentions.

You got that right... and it's not just teenagers. I see business people, contractors, all walks of life who THINK they can drive by Extrasensory Perception. [S

im pretty good with a hammer

A friend of mine (JR) is a carpenter/handyman. JR used to live in a rough part of town ... junkies, hookers and the like. One evening this glue-sniffer bangs on his back door, insists it's his buddy's house and tries to push his way in. (Not likely. JR was also trained in martial arts and weaponry of all sorts.) JR simply reached for his tool belt and struck the would-be intruder square on the forehead with a hammer tacker. Notice served... no paper required, just the staple. :D

Oh yeah
It has a crimson trace laser grip as well
A wonderful thing to have in a stressful situation.

I keep my "little friend" in my pocket all the time. It's just a NAA .22 loaded with hollow points, but it's small enough to shoot through your pocket if you have too. At that height, their family jewels are a perfect target! :eek: Mine is more of a deterrent or a "get outta there" deal, it gives you time to make another move, but if it hits in the right place, can permanently stop a bad guy. I've heard lots of people say you can't CCW in a semi truck, but they're wrong. The states I travel in honor my home state permit, so no problem.

If I was going to carry for self defence I would go with the Taurus Judge snub nose. 410 shotgun round 000. You get to shoot four "rounds" every time you pull the trigger. I think it's a great gun for close in defence, and the gun packs 24 pellets if loaded with 000. Enough to discourage the worst crack head. Makes a hell of a bang as well!

It's on my wanted list.

Hey!!! I have one!!! Public Defender with 2.5" chamber. It stays loaded with 00 Buckshot at all times!! For when you want to make something really dead!! My house has guns in strategic positions all over. Just in case.

I have no CCW but I have been really thinking about it. Tired of hearing about all this crap and refuse to be a victim.

I'm pretty fortunate that the need to protect yourself from crazies around here hasn't changed much in my 61 years. You are thousand times more likely to get snuffed by a texting teenage girl than a person with violent intentions.

That is why I will retire in Wyoming.
I don't want neighbors period.
Zero scumbags stumbling around outside the house.
Nobody playing loud music
No sirens all day and night.
Grandson is safe outside playing.
Etc.

Latest posts

Back