Am I in a twilight zone movie??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

I feel like Im in that Twilight zone episode were the earths movin closer to the sun and everbodys sweatin like a sumo wrestlers rear end and going crazy trying to find drinks and things.

Its like 105 with the heat index here in Southern Ohio! Im to fat for this. I either gotta loose 100lbs or move to Alaska. Anyone got any Alaskan real Estate for sale? LOL RR:eek:

Welcome to a typical July day in South Florida. :eek::D It has been ridiculously hot this Summer down here too. Monday I worked outside for about 5 hours on my daily driver and I am sunburned and was so cooked by 2 pm I stood in the shower running cold water over my head, then went and crashed in bed for about 6 hours. I felt like crap when I got up.

Maybe there is something to this Global Warming stuff.:eek:

Don

I just started back in the construction business with my oldest son and I think he's trying to kill me! We did a roof tear off and replace the last 2days, kinda colder today as it only went to 94 instead of the normal 98 to 100 all last week .....CR

Its like 105 with the heat index here in Southern Ohio!

Welcome to my nightmare. The heat index was 105 here the other day at 7:00 in the morning. It got worse from there. At least there is a tropical storm blowing through to cool things off slightly while it's raining. Here, the best part of the year is in the winter. Generally speaking, the temps are in the mid-70's and the humidity is much lower than it is in the summer.

Colorado is the same as last year, give or take. I promised I would not gripe about this summer, last winter when it was as cold as a ditch diggers elbow.

we are hot as hell here in new orleans, gets worse every year! we are waiting for the winds from the tropical depression tomorrow night that may help a bit. i just hope it doesnt push all the damn oil from bp's mess all inland!!! i live 40 miles from the spill site:eek:

the heat that we get now is why i try and take as much of the summer off as possible. just imagine running into a burning building in full bunker gear, just to walk out of that building at it is as hot outside as it was in the fire. im not too keen on that, so i got most of june and july off. back at work now kind of hoping all the fires we get are at night when it is a little cooler out.

I just talked to my old man in VA, and he said it was 105 there today. I expect that in Houston, but that's crazy for up there.

Yeah... we're used to burning in hell every summer here in H-town... thank goodness for A/C! Only thing is... we have no real winter. Last year was very unusual & it was below freezing for a whole week! Man... that was rough! [ddd

BoB

Yeah im ready for this heat to be over with. Sunday was our 2rth day in the row that the heat index got over 100. Thursday and Friday the heat index was hitting around 108-110. Suppose to rain all week, but the high is still going to be in the mid 90's. I sweat like a stuck hog at a BBQ when its just 75 degrees outside, these past few weeks ive been like a stinkin waterfall. Being hot natured doesnt help any either.

We just got over a heat wave a week ago. It was 89 at my house but fortunately, I have a/c. Today is high 60's at 12 noon, but I'm by the beach.

Now you guys got me thinkin'. I have a house furnace for the working half of my shop and I was going to mount a window AC unit through the partition wall seperating the two sections. But I just remembered that I have an AC unit from a mobile home stashed away in my machine shed. Hopefully I can hook it up to the furnace utilizing the thermostat from it and have central AC instead!

Luxury...man what a candy apple I am.

Latest posts

Back