Anglia Redo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AngliaBDayMom018.jpg

One of my (ahem) friends thinks my hood scoop looks like a cake pan.:(
Do you guys think the side panels should be painted? They sort of break up the lines of the front end in raw aluminum.[S

I like the cake pa...., er uh I mean hood scoop. Seriously though, I like the scoop. Since you asked:D, I would paint the hood sides if she were mine but it looks good either way to me. Maybe paint just an inch or so of the outer edge, rounding the corners off a bit with the paint, or leave a bare-aluminum teardrop around the louvers and surrounding area, or heck, just leave it alone. It lookes fine.

Hey Bob,I love your little car and heck, to have owned it for so long is a credit to you.
I had an anglia like yours to but when my marriage fell over,I decided that I would never get the thing finished,so sadly sold it (gave it away) for next to nothing for what it owed me. I still beat myself up for my moment of madness!:mad: I had a narrow down independent Jag bum in it and a IFS copy of the Heitz, ( not sure of spelling) and the car sat 5" off the ground.

BullNose002.jpg

Some people on RRR are too kind. I recieved a package in the mail today In it were this bull nose and the two badges you see here. One has "Ford Popular" on it and the other has "Anglia"
A very appreciative "Thank You" to Gastrick for his generosity.[cl[cl

TiredIronGRB, I'd love to trade the cake pan hood scoop for a nice 6-71 and a pair of 4 barrels. In fact, I bought a lottery ticket tonight just for that purpose!:D

that car sure looks good! enjoy it this go-'round!:D:D

and gastrick, i'm um, well, i'm missing a few parts for my duece coupe with a hemi.....would you mail me yours?;):D:D

BTW Bob, i like the side panels in aluminum, and never thought about the hood scoop--until you mentioned it......it all looks good to me!

Leave the sides unpainted - your right it breaks it up a bit. I'm not real sold on the cake pan either. It's not bad, but I'm wondering if you couldn't fab something up that blends a bit better. I t just seems a bit utilitarian for that vehicle.

I like Anglias, Thames & Topolinos it don't matter which.
Your's is looking right smart.
Here's a '50 Thames E83W PU from one of the Canadian Rodder friends.

thamestruck128-1.jpg

AngliaJewelery004.jpg

Hey Bullet, I love that Thames PU! Shiny paint and all. Makes me miss my old Thames Panel.

Got all the trim on the grill. Thanks to Gastrick for providing the bull nose and Anglia emblem. I have the parking lights but need to get creative regarding some missing parts. That's the next little project.

Good job

[clNice job man, looks awsome! Sure wish I could find one to work on. They were easy to find when I was a kid but not any more[S

Here's an old thread that I'll update. The Anglia has sat for about 3 years in the back garage. I had hydrolocked it and bent a con rod. A year later I replaced the piston and rod and threw the engine back in. But I couldn't get it to run right. Then I discovered bent pushrods. No idea how that happened. Disgusted, I walked away, forgetting there was water in the engine. Last spring I discovered a massively cracked block. A few weeks ago I dug out a 406 short bock and threw some poor performing swirl port heads on it. Just got it running and sorting out some problems. Big one is, it won't restart after shutting it off.

The 400 block has a larger balancer than the 350 so I had to raise the engine an inch to clear the pinion shaft on the R & P steering. Then, the left side header and the steering shaft occupied the same space. I put a new water pump on it and the outlet is 1 3/4". Old pump was 1 1/2". Spent most of the day making a multipiece lower radiator hose to fit the tight quarters. I'm ready to give up, take up stamp collecting.

If you read all this, I 'preciate ya.

Here's a couple pics of a totally unremarkable 406 sbc.

Attachments

• IMG_3312.jpg
    IMG_3312.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3313.jpg
    IMG_3313.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back