Another 27 Tudor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gasser300

Hey all,

When I bought my project, the body and frame were separate. I had to put mate em up to bring it home. Ive been pecking away at some small things and last week I removed the motor/trans and today my buddy and I removed the body.

So here is what I am starting with. Ive bought all new calipers and rotors and stuff and have been collecting the parts to build the brake system. I plan on starting that this week.

Looks like a lil T bucket chassis. But with a MII front suspension.

Attachments

• body only.jpg
    body only.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 112
  • chassis bare.jpg
    chassis bare.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 109
Hey thanks. I am not going to chop. The body is in excellent shape for its age. I will most likely do a stock style roof on the wood frame.

I have a front windshield. I also have some Model A fiberglass front fenders with running boards and some steel Model T rear fenders. I am not going to run them.

Here are some more pics from a few weeks ago. Some I may have posted already. Thanks for the compliments.

Attachments

• 1927 FORD 012.jpg
    1927 FORD 012.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 1927 FORD interiror.jpg
    1927 FORD interiror.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 63
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 46
  • mock up rt rear.jpg
    mock up rt rear.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 57
  • mock up left rear.jpg
    mock up left rear.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 61
Coming from you, that says alot. Ive seen your car .

Oh and the Gasser 300 name I have is in reference to my dirt bike. Not an old killer Hot Rod.

Model T

I really like the custom hot rods but I agree that your's is to nice to cut up. That looks like a real nice body! Just an ideal but have you thought about maybe running a straight axle since your not running fenders? Or is your budget like mine and you run what you've got! Great build, can't wait to see more!

Im gonna stick with the MII. I plan on some tubular upper control arms.

I did add some frame horns on it last night which made a HUGE difference in the looks.

Pics in a few days.

any help on a radiator would be appreciated.

meanwhile, today ive welded on some nifty frame horns and cleaned off some old brackets for running boards then installed my master cylinder mount.

Attachments

• horns raw.jpg
    horns raw.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 38
  • horns paint.jpg
    horns paint.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 36
  • frame clean.jpg
    frame clean.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 37
Thanks Mr Preacher.

Hey can i get some input on a radiator. please?

Its down to 2....one on 'bay and one from Summit.

Summit is a Griffin 2 row and 'bay is a china (probobly) 3 row.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRI-1-202BX-AXX/

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-RO...907Q2em263QQcategoryZ33602QQitemZ200399717111

Sure would like some help on making this decision.

I got my T rad on ebay from a place in Florida. Suncoast something or other? Anyway nice fit, no problems, so far.

Yes, Suncoast sales. Only thing is, I have never bought on 'bay and that guy wouldnt give a phone number. But they have the same ones at another vendor that does have a phone order line. SO I think thats the one I will get.

Thank you

I use Speedways TrueKool-- $140- cheepo aluminum rads on about anything I build. I usually turn them sideways to get the 19" wide aspect for an A or T shell, and put a 20 lb cap on them and a filler with a 12 pound cap in the upper rad hose.

Study the layout of the hoses if you turn them--GM and Ford are different. Heres one on my 48 Pontiac.

PA41

Attachments

• yellowcar 002.jpg
    yellowcar 002.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 45
I use Speedways TrueKool-- $140- cheepo aluminum rads on about anything I build. I usually turn them sideways to get the 19" wide aspect for an A or T shell, and put a 20 lb cap on them and a filler with a 12 pound cap in the upper rad hose.

Study the layout of the hoses if you turn them--GM and Ford are different. Heres one on my 48 Pontiac.

PA41

You have any more pics of that 48 stashed anywhere?

Latest posts

Back