Another disapointing Swapmeet.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratdog

Came home with a $5 bag of fuel line clamps. Seems like everyone wants to get rich of a bunch of old stuff they probably got for free or cheap somewhere. Werent swapmeets supposed to be about car guys helping one another out trading and getting some good deals,not asking a hundret bucks for every little piece of crap.

If it's something you want then it's obviously not a little piece of crap and the market will govern the prices.
The meets here are still fairly priced with the occasional 'Barrett Jackson' hopeful but most of the Guys ask and get a fair market value.

Came home with a $5 bag of fuel line clamps. Seems like everyone wants to get rich of a bunch of old stuff they probably got for free or cheap somewhere. Werent swapmeets supposed to be about car guys helping one another out trading and getting some good deals,not asking a hundret bucks for every little piece of crap.

I can understand your disappointment! Went to a swap meet a few years ago and saw a Victor jr. Manifold for sale. It was covered in grease and very dirty, figured it might go cheap. He told me he would take $180 for it! Told him new ones were only $149!!! He told me to go buy it there!!!! Real personable guy!

Thats the thing up here in Canada, you get guys paying way too much at some local speedshop,then they want to sell it used for more then I can buy it at summit or ebay with shipping new.

Seems like everyone wants to get rich of a bunch of old stuff they probably got for free or cheap somewhere. Werent swapmeets supposed to be about car guys helping one another out trading and getting some good deals,not asking a hundret bucks for every little piece of crap.

My thoughts exactly...

Just got home from the Tillsonburg Ontario swap meet, and scored on a few pieces. Picked up a model A top cowl (tank) for $20.00 and a pair of Q-Jet 2 barrels at $5.00 each. I'm happy.

Ya I saw that tank top,was contemplating getting it,but already have another tank,but you got some good deals

Just got home from the Tillsonburg Ontario swap meet, and scored on a few pieces. Picked up a model A top cowl (tank) for $20.00 and a pair of Q-Jet 2 barrels at $5.00 each. I'm happy.

D'oh !! Forgot about T'Burg. Hope there's some deals at the upcoming meet in Woodstock on April 11.

Swap meets around here are great if you have a 5.0 Mustang or late model truck. Muscle car stuff is usualy hit or miss. Anything older than that you either pay through the nose or its rusted or bent beyond use.
Coming from the muscle car scene has shocked me as far as people helping people. I had a Nova and got tons of stuff for free or dirt cheap from other Nova owners. That doesnt seem to happen as much in the rod scene. Its a shame really.

Really like the so called swap meets that have nothing but toy cars and t-shirts and stuff,how do you build a hot rod out of that ?

Swap meets around here are great if you have a 5.0 Mustang or late model truck. Muscle car stuff is usualy hit or miss. Anything older than that you either pay through the nose or its rusted or bent beyond use.
Coming from the muscle car scene has shocked me as far as people helping people. I had a Nova and got tons of stuff for free or dirt cheap from other Nova owners. That doesnt seem to happen as much in the rod scene. Its a shame really.

You haven't been to my house, I give stuff away all the time, if I like you. I have a big pile of tin I would load up for the taking, 24 chevy roadster body, 37 Ford frame, 47 Ford stuff and lots of fenders ect. that I have no idea what they were from.

The one thing I miss about Texas is all the great swap meets. I used to get lots of good deals, and sold a bunch of it on ebay to people who either didn't have good access or didn't have the time to get out and look.

You haven't been to my house, I give stuff away all the time, if I like you. I have a big pile of tin I would load up for the taking, 24 chevy roadster body, 37 Ford frame, 47 Ford stuff and lots of fenders ect. that I have no idea what they were from.

The one thing I miss about Texas is all the great swap meets. I used to get lots of good deals, and sold a bunch of it on ebay to people who either didn't have good access or didn't have the time to get out and look.

I dont doubt there are a few people out there like yourself that are more willing to help a fellow rodder but the main stream is money, money , money

I dont doubt there are a few people out there like yourself that are more willing to help a fellow rodder but the main stream is money, money , money

I figure it's kinda like karma, the more you give away, the more it comes back to you. But I don't do it for gain, just to help out other rodders.

Latest posts

Back