another front axle question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillip-r-s

I am trying to figure out which FORD front axle I want/need, and all of the measurements I find are for king pin to king pin.
I want to know the distance from king pin to mounting surface that way I can match it up to the rear. Though the tires are different I want the distance between mounting surfaces to be as close as possible.

From there I think I can probably find information of which vehicle will be possible donors.

To poor to buy new, so to calm my impatience while saving up, I thought I would shop for alternatives.

If you lookup on Speedway's website in the specs on the axles...Bill Speedy now gives you the wheel flange to wheel flange overall axle assembly measurement AND the length of the axle Kingpin to kingpin.

Take the overall flange to flange minus the kingpin to kingpin and divide by 2 to calculate the distance from the kingpin to the wheel flange for the hub and spindle you want to use.

If not spot-on for the exact axles and hubs your using, at least it's a functional benchmark.

thank you

Torchman your my hero. I can't believe I hadn't found that . Thank you thank you

Latest posts

Back