Another Missouri guy checkin in..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40 ChopTop

Getting ready to start a 40 Chevy PU with a 5" chop. Using 28 Model A front fenders, grill shell, and light bar. 47-53 Chevy bedsides with 45 Chevy truck fenders. 45 Ford truck frame with original parallel spring straight axle minus 2 leafs and Chevy 10 bolt rear with posi, 4:10 gears and a homemade ladder bar setup. 350 hp 355 sbc with a tunnel ram and 2 4's in front of a TH400. Should look wicked with the velocity stacks taller than the roof!

I found this site while researching steering boxes for the cross steer system on the old Ford trucks. Glad I found it!

About have all the parts gathered and hope to start this week or next. My buddy the fabricator is done with the flu so we'll see.

I will start a build thread soon with pics of the parts and update when I can.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Been chasing parts for about 6 months. Also been working on my buddies truck. He has a 45 Ford PU rat rod. Got it turn key so now it's my turn.

[cl

Teaser pic

DSCN1696_zps42e0dca0.jpg

Chop top on the right, obviously! And donor cab on the left. It probably won't donate much, maybe the dash. Going to fab the firewall and floor. Thinking suicide doors but that's a ways off.

More pics of parts in the build forum.

Latest posts

Back