Another newbie from New York

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy2tone

I'm from Upstate NY and plan on building my first rat rod. I've restored a 1957 Chevy and 70 Camaro years ago but haven't done much hotrod work in years. Can't wait to get back into it. I've been reading some of the threads in this forum and have enjoyed them very much. Glad I found this site. Looking forward to getting into some discussions and asking for help on my project.:)
Tom

Welcome aboard Tom you have a certain type car you're planning to build?

Thanks. I might buy a 35 Ford AA truck and put it on a Spirit frame. Have a junk ElCamino that I will use as a donor for drivetrain etc. :confused: See attached photo.

Attachments

• ford truck.jpg
    ford truck.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 12
You got it. Near East Durham. I'm in Florida right now. A snowbird. I'm looking for a project truck down here hoping to find something not too rusted. If not then when I get back up north in the spring I will buy that 35 and start on that. I can get it for $400.

I'm on the west coast in Brooksville, Fl. west of Orlando. Having a ball going to all the cruises down here. [dr There is at least 1 almost every night. Some are small with only a few cars but most have a 100 or more and thats just the local cruises. The big monthly ones have many more. Not many rat rods in this town at least what I have noticed.

Welcome to RRR T2T. Are you going to go to the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona this week?

Man I wish I could but having guests that are staying over the weekend.:mad: Putting it on my calender for next year for sure. Went to the Good Guys show at Rhinebeck NY for the 1st time this year. It was pretty good. Nothing like Daytona I'm sure.

Latest posts

Back