another noob from bc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyfishbc

hey, cool site, nother newbie from bc canada.:D just getting into the rat rod thing,
just picked up a 47 dodge panel van thats getting ratted.

New to Rat Rods Rule also

I have a 48 Chevy truck 3100 that I want to turn into a rat rod type truck that will look like a IMCA Modified dirt track car with a quick change rearend and wide 5 wheels all around and maybe a small wing. I have a Howe late model stock car with a stock snout that I can not afford to race anymore and it is loaded with goodies that I think every street car should have. I just love the way the engine is set back from the front wheels allowing better weight distribution on modifieds. It also just looks cool. Would it be too much if I welded the doors shut? I know that the roll cage will need to be completely revamped and the wheel base stretched a bunch, but that should not be too tuff since the entire interior of the cab will be gutted. I do have a like 24 nash radiator grill that I was planning to use without front fenders. I will enclose the engine compartment because I live in downtown and people mess with your stuff if you leave your ride alone. I like old school stuff, but I am going with EFI in place of a carb because gasoline today and carbs are not a good fit.

Latest posts

Back