Any Old Skool Hemi's Lurking Here?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DodgeRatty

Gonna be installing a 1951- Chrysler 331 hemi with a 4spd into my 46 Dodge P/U. Got a few Hot Heads goodies and a 6-71 blower....:D

Gonna be installing a 1951- Chrysler 331 hemi with a 4spd into my 46 Dodge P/U. Got a few Hot Heads goodies and a 6-71 blower....:D

I personally think that's a bad idea. In fact That's an unsafe combination. Just ship the whole thing to me for disposal :D.

Just kidding. I wish I had one. If I ever find one locally in rebuildable condition, I'm going to snatch it up. Me and my dad were just talking Sunday about the possibility of putting a blown early hemi in his Willys. PAW offers some combinations we were tossing around.

Thanks for the welcome ! I have one in my 51 Chrysler 2 door Club Coupe New Yorker- Hot Heads Tunnel Ram Dual Quad- Hot Heads Smooth Valve Covers- HH Timing Chain Cover- MSD Ignition- Headers ect. . . I'll post some pics, this second 331 was picked up from someone who needed to clean out some out buildings on their property- when I first got there the price was $2500. I held my ground and after 2 hours of looking around at what they had the price dropped to $500.00 It was complete, low miles and spun over by hand. I bought it as I knew I would find use for it someday:D

I love the sound of a old skool hemi with open headers:eek: Can't wait to complete this 46 Dodge project.

hemi

You will have one awesome motor, parts are hard to come by but worth the chase. I have a 392, 6-71 blower two 600 hollies. Trying to keep it old school as possible but my tastes bend me in different directions. Bob Walker from Hot Heads has been a great help. The air cleaner on this may not stay still searching for the one. The valve covers are Donovans, had Imperials but when I put head studs in the rocker arm hit so went with these and they are growing on me, the era I would like to achieve is early to mid sixty look.

Attachments

• gerry moe 091.jpg
    gerry moe 091.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 42
Here's my 51 elephant hiding in my New Yorker Club Coupe...........:D And yes Bob Walker is the shiznitz !:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 38
And my other elephant awaiting completion for one of my 46 Dodge p/u's

Attachments

• IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0405.JPG
    IMG_0405.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 30
I have a Dodge Red Ram 241 in my roadster. Isky cam, milled heads,Edmonds intake and covers,318 dist. It has seen a ton of miles.

Attachments

• DSCF0171.JPG
    DSCF0171.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back